cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter is not responding - Java exit code 805306369

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

This is my first post so I am not sure how things work on this forum.

I have been using TeamCenter V11 for quite some time now. Last week, there was a Java update and now I keep getting the "not responding" error. I believe someone had this issue on another forum, but I am not sure.

What I have done so far:

1. Restarted TeamCenter

2. Restarted my computer

My IT group says it's my network (wireless) and I suppose that could be a problem, but it is odd that only since the Java update, am I having this issue. If there are some settings I could check, I would appreciate any feedback .

Thanks!

10 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter is not responding - Java exit code 805306369

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Try deleting your client cache C:\Users\jb2000\Teamcenter

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Randy,

I did that and I am having the same results - although I am noticing that sometimes, it just appears that inputs are taking 20-30 minutes to populate. During that time, Teamcenter shows "Working" and I cannot do anything else.

Solution Partner Phenom
Usually, long response times are an indicator that bad things happened and are being written to the syslog. You can ask your administrator for the tcserver syslog. Listed under Help > About > More...
Attach the tcserver syslog and we can take a look at it.

Which database vendor is Teamcenter running in the background? Oracle or MS SQL Server?

Please, check that the services related to the Database system are up and running and that Teamcenter base services are also running (they should). It is possible that Teamcenter is working but its database is not. MS SQL Server databases may stop responding if the system is abruptly taken down. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

It took a while for my IT to get this for me, but here it now is. Hopefully it is useful. I opened it in docx and it seemed to make some sense - but there is a lot to go through...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

My background server is Oracle. Is it also notorious for "crashing"?

Solution Partner Phenom

There is no smoking gun (memory dumps) in the syslog. However, I did notice a few things...

1. The Oracle server name is listed as an IP address. I've always used the server name.
    1. Affects TC_DATA\log_<db_name>_<db_sid>
    2. Affects TC_DATA\pom_<db_name>_<db_sid>
    3. TC_DATA\tnsnames.ora
  2. The DB sid is fully qualified. I've had issues with unresponsive DB's when using fully qualified instance names (tc91prod.konecranes.com). I would change this to just tc91prod. Yes, I know you're running 11.2 and have a db name with 9.1 so you may want to remove the "version" from your db name at the same time.
  3. James Sybrandy has a few issues acessing licenses:
    1. prod_des_access
    2. classification_acces
    3. classification_authr

You're using Oracle 11.2.0.4.0 Ent Ed x64 which is a good thing. I would concentrate on the TC_DATA\tns file. You can attach the file if you want advice about it. Or send it privately if you're worried about exposure.

I don't see any glaring issues other than the database IP and fully qualified sid name. Interesting that you're running pool manager on Linux (not just the db server).

Hopefully the hint provided a track to reach a solution. It is highly advisable to have a periodical database backup policy as crashes on its tier are possible and data recovery is not an easy task at all.   

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am going to try to roll back my Java to the previous version. I didn't have any issues until the update to the new Java Version 8 update 121. I will keep you all posted on this.

Thanks,