Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter log files info

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Is there any way to find information in any teamcenter log, total size of CAD data uploaded or downloaded on any perticular day??

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Teamcenter log files info

Phenom
Phenom

I dont think so, not using OOTB reports in Teamcenter.  There is an application called Teamcenter reporting and analytics. I have no experience of this, but this might deliver...?

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

I am not the reporting and analytics expert, but I don't think it can be used to collect such informations...

one thing where you could get such information is not directly a logfile, more the output of the %FMS_HOME%\bin\fccstat.exe utility (with the switch "-status")2018-10-03 10_05_27-Tc11AWS - VMware Workstation.pngthe information you can see there is cache usage.

If you start to use an empty FCC you might get the usage at the end of the day, but be careful with already populated caches - as you can see in the screenshot, it is started fresh but already has more than 600 files from one of the last RichClient sessions cached.

so you also see meta-data files there while you asked for CAD data only...

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
File upload/download are controlled by FMS. There are several pieces that comprise FMS but you're not clear on your requirement. Are you interested in monitoring the volume? local client? specific S&F volume? etc. Are you planning to combine the stats from across your whole FMS for an enterprise level stat?

Without knowing your real requirement, here's my best guess at what you're looking for...

I assume you are interested in monitoring your volume so performance counters for that specific FSC can be obtained by running (from a Tc command line on that specific server):
fscadmin -s http://YourFSC:4544 ./perfcounters >E:\Siemens\Temp\metric_perfcounters.txt

Then review the "localWrite" section for "Upload" value (in bytes).

You can reset the counters nightly using:
fscadmin -s http://YourFSC:4544 ./perfcounters/reset

There are sections for Read as well.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4