Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to change Name and Attributes while doing 'Save Part As' as New Item

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

When I do save part as a new item, I couldn't able to edit and change the part name and part number. 

It is taking reference from master model only. 

1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to change Name and Attributes while doing 'Save Part As' as New Item

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi @AjayRk  ,

Actually that is strange , i have the OOTB system and i create a item with default item in NX then i select the File<Save As<New Item like you , but the ID should be generated according to the its ID Naming rule.

2019-01-24_09h20_32.pngBut if you double click them to assaign ID and Name you can only change the Name from here. If your process is different from what i mentioned above , please give more detail.

Best Regards

Gurkan

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @GurkanAlkan 

Thanks. I'm following the process just like you. Like you said I could only change the name. I'm not sure of  ID Naming rule. Looks like my customer set the ID rule as to derive from Object name. 

In this how the part number getting assigned?

If I create a new item as shown in the picture, it is taking object value from a master item like shown here

2.PNG

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi @AjayRk ,

If you want to change id , you should find item in Teamcenter then RMB < Edit Properties , then find ID . You can change it with that way. But i think there is no way to change id from the NX because when you try to change ID from NX < Edit Properties tab the pop-up occurs on the bottom side right which is that attribues is locked etc .

Best Regards

Gurkan