cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save Excel document open with teamcenter 9 since Office 2016 install

Experimenter
Experimenter

Since we have installed office 2016, if excel is already open, we're not able to save excel document open by teamcenter 9. We get an error box message, whitout any text. The excel File stay chekout. He have to free manualy the file, and sometimes he must stop and start teamcenter to modify it again.

Thanks for your help.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES

Re: Unable to save Excel document open with teamcenter 9 since Office 2016 install

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Per the following matrix: Integrations Matrix

"Microsoft Office 2016 integration is provided starting in 10.1.6 (Tc10.1.6.1_a01_2. patch) and 11.2.2, and includes the local, client install only."

Regards, Ben

Re: Unable to save Excel document open with teamcenter 9 since Office 2016 install

Can you refer 'Console' view for more information on error message. Or RAC log file might be helpful to get better understanding about the error/problem.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

I would suggest to check your machine Microsoft event viewer and I guess you should see some error related to MS office. 

I had a similar issue in TC 9 & office 2016:  Attempting to open multiple excel 2016 files would give an empty error. I did not see this error when we moved to TC10.x

I would recommend to open an IR with GTAC.

Harish