cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode support in Teamcenter

Creator
Creator

Hi

Is it possible to use unicde characters in teamcenter modules. For example in the envelop texts or part names and others.

It seems that it's not suported or may be any settings available to activate it.

Thanks

10 REPLIES

Re: Unicode support in Teamcenter

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

Teamcenter accepts characters (ASCII characters) that are acceptable/legal for database.

Your DBA team can very quickly tell you (NLS settings) the DB character set assigned for your Teamcenter DB instance.

For Teamcenter server, UTF8 character set is generally used to support multi-locale clients.

To help us understand your query better, can you share the characters you are attempting to use for object names?

Harish

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your response.

Actually the current collation of database is Latin1_General (According to TC installation guide).

So it would be possible to reinstall database and corporate server with different collation like utf-8; is it true?

Solution Partner Phenom

ISO-Latin-1 (also called ISO-8859-1) is large enough to cover most latin based language characters (including English language). The choice to use unicode (UTF-8 is one way of encoding 'unicode' standard) is driven by the need to represent characters from more than one language/locale within a system. 

In my opinion, you may not have a need to move to UTF-8 if your teamcenter instance supports only one language.

Can you share the character you are attempting to type in which Teamcenter seems to prevent?

Harish

Creator
Creator
Thanks again.
I just want to be possible using Chinese/Arabic languages for envelop and person properties in organization module.

Creator
Creator

It seems that just a few collations are supported by team center and there is no Unicode collation in the installation step "Foundation Database".

Any help or comments?

Solution Partner Phenom

Teamcenter supports unicode UTF8 and you would find that in TEM installation panel. UTF8 should be sufficient (IMHO) to support chinese and arabic.

Teamcenter through localisation supports Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese in foundation installation.

Harish

Creator
Creator

Could you please help me to find this feature?

I use tc 9.1 and there is no UTF-8 or unicode in the collations to be selected.

Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

This is the screen grab I mentioned in my previous post.

UTF8UTF8

I don't have TC9.x at this moment. This screen grab is from TC11.x tem.bat

Do you see utf8 in the TCserver tem.bat for TC9.x?

Harish

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your attention

Unfortunately not. There is no UTF-8.