Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload/Import folder to team center from Solid edge(SEEC) using Vb.net API

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Can anyone suggest how to upload folder to team center through SEEC (Solid edge embedded client) using VB.net API.

it would be great, if example is shared

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Upload/Import folder to team center from Solid edge(SEEC) using Vb.net API

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Bypassing Add to Teamcenter to load Solid Edge files? Or you want to create a folder in Teamcenter? I'm not clear of what you are trying to do. 

Jamie

Pioneer
Pioneer
I have a folder where it contains subfolders,non solidedge and solid edge files. I need to add all solidedge and non solidedge files of a folder to team center. I have to do it using API.

Why I need this?
Tool which I am creating will fetch all the solid edge files from given folder and update each SE file property like rev,doc number,project (spreadsheet contains these data) and save. After this loop finishes, I need to add these files to TC, either individually or at one shot.

Genius
Genius
You may be able to do it thru' data migration tool. Analyze, Modify(to update date rev,doc number,project (-copy-paste-spreadsheet contains these data)

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

What version of Solid Edge and Teamcenter will you be using? Are you planning on integrating them with SEEC?

If you are planning to use SEEC, you must use the Add to Teamcenter (AtT) tool to import the SE files. It is the supported method and if you load your SE files a different way and have issues, GTAC can refuse to help because you didn't use the supported tools. You can build your own tool to make your transformations and modifications before using AtT but they already have the data prep tools that will do a lot of this for you. Have you attempted to use the data prep tools yet? It will crawl the links to find the files or tell you it is missing. You cannot load SE files with missing links. If you don't load everything that is related at once, you will have major issues. If you don't let AtT load and build the structure/relations correctly, you will have issues. If you manage to load without AtT, you can make a huge mess of the data and it is hard to fix after it is loaded into TC. The data prep tools will allow you to fix the missing files, fix names, attributes, etc. and it uses its own spreadsheet to allow you to manipulate this data before loading to TC. Any attributes you put in the spreadsheet will need to be mapped to be loaded into TC first.

Jamie Griffis

Mercury PLM Services

Pioneer
Pioneer

I will look into AtT option. 

Thanks for the help

Pioneer
Pioneer

I will try this solution

Thanks