Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Utility required to add users to an existing project

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

I have a requirement for a command line utility (or similar approach) to add users to an existing project.

The ceate_project utility will allow users to be added as part of project creation but not after it has been created.

Does anyone have a solution to this that they can share with me?

The Teamcenter version is 11.4

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Utility required to add users to an existing project

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I asked this question several years ago and had no luck. We ended up creating a custom program that would update the users for a project later. 

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/Update-Projects-outs...

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/Project-Administration-move-u...

Regards,

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | Teamcenter Architect | Applied CAx, LLC

Creator
Creator

Hi

You should be able to do that through IPS_UPLOAD utility. There is a project mode in the IPS which I have never used but from the fields and descriptions I can see that you should be able to assign members to an existing project.

BR

Ali

Siemens Creator

You are right. While waiting for answers I checked the IPS_Data_Upload manual and it's got a Projects mode that gave me exactly what I wanted and was easy to use.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Note for all: In the US, IPS_Upload is a paid-for tool from Siemens PLM Services.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@Steve_Ellis - did you only add users to a Project with it? Because I never had any luck removing or changing uses in a project with it, only adding members.

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | Teamcenter Architect | Applied CAx, LLC

Siemens Creator

Yes, we're migrating users from another system so adding users was all that I needed to do. Modifying or removing users can be done via the UI.