cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR JT Viewer and HTC Vive or Oculus Rift

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon everyone,

Does the latest version of JT2Go allow VR visualization using HTC Vive or Oculus Rift units?

Does anyone know of a visualizing solution that allows 'walking' around a JT model?

Kind Regards,

Ramón Talavera

9 REPLIES

Re: VR JT Viewer and HTC Vive or Oculus Rift

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Improov3 seems to allow JT viewing in a collaborative environment (online). Does anyone know of another solution worth integrating into Teamcenter?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So far, TechViz XL seemed superior to Improov3, except on how user-friendly it looked. Also for just purely generating VR output for headsets, there is moreViz by more3d.com. Both of these offer a free trial, just like Improov3. There is also JT2Go and VisMockup by siemens that support VR.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to try any of them, so would you please let me know your experiences if you do?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I work on Improov3 so I am definitely not objective Smiley Happy

Improov3 is super easy to setup: we can send to you a trial if you give us your e-mail in private message and you can be getting started in 5 mins.

We also strive to keep it very easy to use: here is a full tutorial in 2 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfXca0ljUJo

Also it doesn't require you to have TeamCenter installed and running on your computer.

It is also natively collaborative so you can connect with your colleagues all around the world!

Finally the pricing is also very attractive to some of the competitors you mentionned Smiley Wink

What would be your usage for a VR solution ?

Let us know if you have any further question!

Sebastien

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sure Mr. Musters, I will Smiley Happy.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Sebastien,

From a PLMS perspective the fact that Improov3 handles E2E internally may mean a great disadvantage. I wonder how it integrates with an external system. Will it provide secure external access to the communication sessions between engineers? Does it keep a copy of the textual conversations and/or video calls? If it does, will it allow an external source to access them? Have in mind that, for some of us, having Teamcenter installed and running is even more important than the operating system it is running on and everything is about integration.

Regards,
Ramón Talavera

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Ramon,

thank you for your interesting remarks.

what do you mean by E2E ?

Currently Improov runs on its own and is not connected in any way to team center except for the file that you have exported to .JT (or something else).

Currently, we want to change that in the future, the files need to be stored on each computer of the collaborative session by your own means, which means you are responsible for the security of transmitting the files.

By default all the actions in a scene are not stored unless you decide to store the current session.

This does not include voice chat or text chat currently.

Let me know if you have any further remark!

cb

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello SebKuntz,

E2E stands for "Engineer 2 Engineer". Improov3 is a great tool to advance in that area.

Regards Smiley Happy

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all,

So by now, there is no way to use HTC vive or Oculus directly in Vismockup or JT2GO?

Is always needed another software to create the connection between .jt viewer and the VR device?

Thanks

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In VisMockup, you can use it, but you won't have barrel distortion.

Not sure about JT2Go but I think its the same.

Kind regards,

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}