Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VR JT Viewer and HTC Vive or Oculus Rift

Experimenter
Experimenter

With TCV 11.4 Oculus Rift and HTC Vive - but I did`t get it to work.

Anybody who have experience with the TCV VR environment and have some hints?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

I have been using the HTC Vive with TC Vis Mockup 11.4 recently. Can you describe more what doesn't work?

Do you have base stations recognized by SteamVR? You should have them set to channels b and c.

Is the Vive recognized by SteamVR?

Are you able to pair a wand controller?

There are 3 files that you need to configure in the Concept menus. I have attached a PDF that goes through the steps.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry I do a mistake, we use a Rift (no Vivi).

We run a stand-a-lone PC (not inside our local network) with Oculus Rift and the Oculus demo SW.

Also we installed TC Mockup including  Flexlm and the Oculus confguration, but we see no TC Mockup picture on the Rift. Seems the interface do not work correctly. 

Siemens Legend

If you can provide a few steps leading up to the issue that would help.

Are you activating the immersive display using the Concept --> Immersive Display --> Activate menu? There is an equivalent button the 3D Immersive Display toolbar.

Experimenter
Experimenter

OK, the Oculus Rift is running now. Our mistacke was an to old Oculus SW. We do an update nuw the glasses are running.

Thanks for helping.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Mark,

Where can i find this files that is needed for the HTC vive?

Best regards, Mathias

Siemens Legend

It is attached to one of my previous replies on 3/21/2018. Let us know if you can't find the attachment.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I was looking for the 3 Vive files listed below to complete the setup, per the documentation and was unable to locate any of these 3 files in any folder of our TcVis 11.4 installation.  Is there a location I can download them from?

ImmersiveConfigVive.xml

Vive.vcd

default_m.scd

Siemens Legend

ImmersiveConfigVive.xml is located here on my system:
C:\SPLM\Teamcenter11.4\Vis\Examples\Concept\Configuration_Files\XML

Vive.vcd

C:\SPLM\Teamcenter11.4\Vis\Examples\Concept\Configuration_Files\VCD

default_m.scd
C:\SPLM\Teamcenter11.4\Vis\Examples\Concept\Configuration_Files\SCD

Your base path will likely be different. If you don't have the examples folder, you can go into Control Panel --> Programs and Features, find Teamcenter Visualization 11.4 and change it. The Example files are a checkbox in the options of the installation wizard.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I was able to get the files listed in the installation document via email from GTAC support.  I placed those files in the installation path of our 11.4 install.  These additional files allowed us to get TcVis hooked up to SteamVR and out to the HMD but with issues.  The picture being sent to the HMD was incorrect and only one wand appeared to be tracked.  I have attached a copy of the files from my installation and I was wondering if there were additional edits required in them?

ViveResult11.4_VisMockup.jpg