Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume File Segregation

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi All,
1) Assume we have a working volume for infodba tem installation and also user working in the same volume.
2) Now I want to seggearate the file corresponding to users and I want to move only users files out of this volume using move volume utility
3) How should I find those files to provide input for move volume utility.

3 REPLIES

Re: Volume File Segregation

Legend
Legend

Hello

You can use Volume Management functionality of Teamcenter for your needs.

All you need to do is to define a policy based on a query. In your case, you can use Dataset... query with owning user set to a specific user which meets your criteria.

Specify source volume and destination volume in the policy based on your needs.

Mark the files (associated with the datasets) for migration and process all pending requests directly from rich client.

If the number of files is less in number, I would suggest to execute these steps directly from rich client. If not, you can execute the steps in a TC shell.

There is a COTS utility, mark_for_migrate, which can be used to mark the datasets based on the policy defined in Teamcenter Volume Management.

You can write a simple ITK executable and process these pending requests.

Regards

Mahendra

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for your help

I am new to this utility. Could you please tell me how to define this policy to mark.

Legend
Legend

Please refer to TC Documentation for volume management

Here is the help link for TC 11.3

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.3/help#uid:xid1256816:index_plm00102:xid1057973

Regards

Mahendra