Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change dataset open tool

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to change the tool selected to open the dataset if you have uploaded the dataset selecting a wrong tool?

6 REPLIES

Re: change dataset open tool

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Anyone?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Go to Edit > Options

Under Options select 'Dataset'

From 'Dataset Type' select the 'Dataset Type' and from 'Default Tool' list select the required tool.

Shown in the image as an example.

dataset.JPG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

please have a look at the utility change_datasets.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ganesh, with that method I would change the open tool for the dataset that I have already uploaded or the default tool for future uploads?

Xtof, How can I find that utility?

Thank you both!

Pioneer
Pioneer

If it's one or two datasets, the quickest way to resolve the situation is to re-create it.

If you're talking about a bulk of data, you should probably use the tool mentioned. It's command line tool. You'll find more information in the BMIDE doc and Utilities Reference doc. I would run it in a test environment first and take backups :)

Changing the default tool as mentioned as alternative means it will affect all current and future datasets of this type. If I understood the question right, this is not the way to go.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you, as you said I think the better solution for my case would be to re-create the dataset. It is not so long but it is strange you can quickly change dataset opening tool.