Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import attributes and properties from TC into Excel

Creator
Creator

Is there a way that I can query TC from excel to get various attributes and properties of items that I specify? We use an Excel based checklist to ensure that we have entered the correct values into various fields and I want to automate the process so that I can run a VBA macro from within excel that will ask TC for the values I want and then compare them to reference values. I don't want to initiate an export from TC, I want to initiate the query from Excel.

3 REPLIES

Re: import attributes and properties from TC into Excel

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You may be reinventing the wheel.

Live Excel can export/manipulate Teamcenter properties. You will need to create your own template for the properties you want to see.

And there are plugins for validating all properties have the required values (see BCT CheckIt). The plugin is similar to NX CheckIt. Usually this takes ITK, not Excel VB. BCT Technologies has already wrote and compiled the needed ITK so you don't have to. Further, they support it for upgrades by doing all the hard lifting for you (for a reasonable price).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Creator
Creator

I should mention I am using TC 8

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Tc8.3 still supports Live Excel and I believe BCT has older versions of BCT CheckIt. In Tc8.3 I think Live Excel was called Extensions for Microsoft Office. You will be restricted on the MSO version you can use and the operating system of the client. There have been major changes since Tc8.3 and need to push for an upgrade. You are out of support.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4