Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network load balancer

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

I would like to know if there is a list of Teamcenter certified network load balancers.  My requirement is that it supports network cards that are not on the same subnet.

This is for an HA setup of Teamcenter.

Thanks in advance.

James, Application Engineer.

6 REPLIES

Re: network load balancer

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor

There isn't a certification that I know of. I can tell you that F5 and Cisco have been mentioned in SFB-Teamcenter-6467 and that I've personally used the F5 BIG IP to load balance web tier servers (running JBoss on each). Make sure that whatever you pick, it supports big cookies, as that's the only way to track which session is running on which server.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

I know this is an old thread... But what was the setup in using the BIGIP/F5's.... 

dispatcher -------- F5 -------- pool

Dispatcher doesn't need a HW LB to Server Manager? The Dispatcher Scheduler does this for you automatically. Unless you have a better description/use-case?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Just having issues with modules taking on jobs and not getting hit too hard. Not an even spread between the servers. Was hoping a hardware load balancer could evenly push jobs to each module server. 

You can add more Dispatcher Module servers that Dispatcher Scheduler can route jobs to but I'm not sure that a HW LB will be effective in this case. When expanding the tier, I usually first move higher translators to their own Module then add additional Modules for higher capacity.

For instance, if you have one Dispatcher Module that is running multiple translations for MSO>PDF, NX>JT, NX>PDF, etc. Then I would break it up into...
Module 1 - MSO>PDF
Module 2 - NX>JT, NX>PDF
Module 3 - NX>JT, NX>PDF
Where 2 and 3 are duplicated but ready for higher capacity.

Experimenter
Experimenter

That makes sense. We have 6 modules but I do not believe we split things out. After about 5-7 days it seems like we hit 50% TERMINAL, and then it steadily increases until we have to kill all services and restart.