cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

part catalog of our entire database with teamcenter, is it possible ?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, I am new here and also new to teamcenter. Is there someone that could maybe give me some pointers on this. I am looking to do a part catalog , maybe web base, of our entire portfolio so anyone would be able to consult and search it and see drawing of our parts. Is there a way to do this with teamcenter or with, in conjonction with another software... thanks to let me know if you can help.

2 REPLIES

Re: part catalog of our entire database with teamcenter, is it possible ?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Many people have created a Virtual Print Room and there are lots of products to choose from. Some refer directly to the file in Teamcenter which requires a Named User license to search and retrieve. Some expect Teamcenter to export files and meta data upon release and then stage those files in a separate system to avoid Named User. Others choose the Manufacturing Viewer. The VPR concept is quite mature and there are differing levels available depending on the companies needs.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: part catalog of our entire database with teamcenter, is it possible ?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Let me recommend you look at the page about RapidAuthor for Teamcenter.

Hopefully it could be interesting for you. Additionally you can find a lot of information about this product on the link cortona3d.com. These tools have a deep integration with Teamcenter. You can generate automatically and release Part Catalogs, Manual and other kinds of technical documentation for Manufacturing and Aftersales stage of PLM directly from Teamcenter source CAD/BOM/BOP data. The integration allows you to have all advantages of update process for 3D documentation, 2D illustrations and texts.

Later you can apply all this released documentation as a content for augmented reality applications.