Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purge organization

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good Morning

Could you help me with the following detail that I present

In the Teamcenter organization, we have many users that are no longer working with us, there is some way to eliminate these users, also when the system tests were done, test groups were made and they were not eliminated, you can eliminate these groups and just leave the ones we use now?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Re: purge organization

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
This can be very difficult since the Organization is foundational for Teamcenter. Getting rid of all the references before you can delete a Group or User can be challenging especially if the User has participated in workflow (signoffs). Here's how I normally handle it...

Create a Group called "Inactive" and a Role called "Inactivated". Change the User's Default Group to be "Inactive" then remove their Group Membership from all other Groups. Now you can inactivate the User and change object ownership to someone else that is not Inactive (a manager perhaps). Sometimes you can delete a User and sometimes not which is why I have a place to put them that is not in the regular Org anymore (Inactive/Inactivated).

Once you've completed moving all the Users that don't belong and there are no more Group Members in the Group then you can remove the Accessors from the list and delete the Group.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4