Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There was a problem sending the command to the program." when opening .jt files from Explorer

I'm wondering if anyone else has run across an issue when double-clicking a .jt file in Windows Explorer to open it in Teamcenter Visualization Mockup or JT2Go?  For a few months now, we've been getting an error message:

"There was a problem sending the command to the program."

The user clicks OK, the application launches, but the file is not displayed unless using File - Open.

We're pretty sure something has changed at the OS level with permissions, but can' figure out what.  We've so far ruled out McAfee antivirus by disabling it, rebooting and running the same tests, only to find the problem still exists.

Our IT department pushes out changes on a regular basis to address application and OS issues, but we have not figured out what would cause this behavior.  (It also happened when double-clicking a Solid Edge file, but that was resolved with some registry changes.  The registry looks OK for .jt files..)

We're seeing the same error on the Viewer tab in Teamcenter RAC as well.

Regards,

Kevin P. Alexander

Working onsite at P&G Cincinnati

2 REPLIES

Re: "There was a problem sending the command to the program." when opening .jt files from

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I haven't seen this problem since Windows XP was replaced. It had something to do with Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE). I cannot remember what the fix was but it had something to do with the .NET Framework. That's all I remember and the error is too old to be in my notes anymore.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: "There was a problem sending the command to the program." when opening .jt files from

The problem has NOT been resolved despite weeks of effort working with GTAC.  They finally gave up and escalated PR Number 8972745, with a priority code of 2 Serious.

We made numerous checks into the registry, security settings, .NET Framework installation, etc., all to no avail.

Regards,

Kevin