Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Your Machine Tool Simulation - Basic (6 videos)

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Overview

The following training video series offers an example of using the NX Machine Tool Builder to create and modify machine tool models for use with Machine Tool Simulation in NX.

Created with NX 7.5

Details

This training video series is broken down into 6 brief chapters, as described below.  It is helpful to go through them in order at first, but having several chapters makes it easier to return to the material for reinforcement.

The videos takes a look at the example machine tools that are included in the NX installation and shows how to reuse them to create your own machine tools for simulation.

Learning Objective: Learn how to create a machine tool model with the Machine Tool Builder in NX. This training series explains step by step how to create a kinematics model and what important information is needed to build a correct model for simulation with NX.

Target Audience: This course is useful for everyone who wants to understand how NX CAM simulation works and what is available in this product area. This training is a prerequisite for the advanced series.

Training Video Series for Basic Machine Tool Simulation Customization

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 1: Create a kinematics model (27:46) - Understand how to add the created kinematics model to the library of machine tools for NX CAM.

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 2: Create a machine tool in the library (11:11) - Understand how to add the created kinematics model to the library of machine tools for NX CAM.

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 3: Use and Test new Machine tool (9:05) - Use and test a machine from the library. See if everything is set up correctly.

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 4: Changing the Kinematics Model (2:44) - Understand what steps are needed to update a kinematics model. (Power Point)

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 5: Changing the Kinematics Model - Demo (5:23) - Understand what steps are needed to update a kinematics model. (Power Point)

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 6: Adding Doors to Toolchanger (24:54) - Understanding the basic concepts of customization CSE. Cover tool change, subprogram handling and AnyController language. This session will add moving doors to a tool changer.

Derek Hart
... if we're not having fun, we're not doing it right!
Comments
Dreamer
Dreamer

Hi,

Thanks for the videos. It is quite helpful. But there is no video for Chapter 1: Create a kinematics model (27:46)

Please post it.

Genius
Genius

Wonderful stuff, thanks for the time and effort.... but..... Please post the first video! The other are great, but of no use without a working machine model!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Nitpicking...

In Chapter 1, about 20:10 into the video.

the demo RENAMES the "Z-slide" component, instead of (I assume what should be done) leaving "Z-slide" alone and ADDING another machine component "Spindle"?

Dreamer
Dreamer

Excellent video on adding doors to the tool changer.

The level of detail allows more users to be successful with automation.

Thank you!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Where part 4? Now there is a copy of the Part 5!

Robot Sad

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Derek,

First of all, these are very good resources.

Could you please share the machine assembly file?

Thanks,

Kai

VIP
VIP

I think these videos are based on the library machines installed on your system as part of NX.

For example, the first video starts with the assembly for SIM08, which is found in ...\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\sim08_mill_5ax\graphics.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I am now following the 3rd video. Whe I retrieved machine from library, the Part Mounting window didn't pop up. Instead, an information window pops up, it says,

"------Replace Machine: Start------

------Remount tools and devices------

Tool: MILL
Old Carrier: GENERIC_MACHINE, Old Pocket:
New Carrier: 5-AX_MILL_VERTICAL_AC-TABLE, New Pocket:

------The following objects are deleted in the Operation Navigator - Machine Tool View------

------Machine replaced successfully------"

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Kai

Solution Partner Theorist Solution Partner Theorist
Solution Partner Theorist

Please, where can we find the Chapter 1: Create a kinematics model (27:46)??

It's fundamental for our understanding of sequence videos.

Thanks in advanced.

VIP
VIP

Video 1 was out of position on the page. That is fixed and you should see it now.

We are looking into why link to video 4 is playing video 5.

Solution Partner Theorist Solution Partner Theorist
Solution Partner Theorist

MarkRief, thank you very much!  Smiley Happy

Now it's loading correctly and I can see perfectly the first video.

VIP
VIP

@ThomasdeBieThanks for the reply! The comments in this area should be specifically about this tech tip presentation, so your message has been moved to the NX Manufacturing Discussion Forum, where it will get many more views.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The video quality is very poor. Where there some changes with the new webdesign?

VIP
VIP

@thomasfeind the links are to the same videos, so nothing should have changed with the new design. Please check again, and if you see a difference, email me with the video link and your browser infromation, and I'll look in to it. 

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the great video, which is perfect for me as a new user of NX 10 to understand the kinematic concept of NC.

I followed the steps in chapter 1-3 and the simulation went perfectly. But after reopen the demo-file oder the kinematics file to simulate it again i get this Massage:

You cannot enter Maschine Tool Builder with a kinematics model that is referenced by a CAM Setup.

Use Maschine Tool Configurator within the CAM application instead.

Now it isn´t possible to run the simulation or edit the Machine Tool Builder again. How can i fix this?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where are the videos???

VIP
VIP

The videos are seen in the original article at the top of this page. 

For each one you should see a picture. Click the picture and the video should play.

VIP
VIP

@FlorianK, this message was discussed in the Manufacturing Discussion Forum here.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

How to download this training video ?

thank you

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I'm just curious. Is it possible to load a Motion Simulation result to the Machine Tool Builder?

Thanks,

Zsolt

LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.