Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Radial (Cylindrical) Grooves Inside Holes

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Radial Groove Milling

Overview

Radial Groove Milling is a new operation that cuts cylindrical grooves inside holes with a t-cutter.

Image1.gif

Created with NX CAM 9.0.3

Details

Radial Groove Milling cuts in a circular pattern with multiple radial and axial passes. Level Sequencing and Axial Stepover control material removal for each pass. The tracking point changes automatically with the change in axial stepover direction during level sequencing..

To use this self-demo, save the attached part file locally and follow the instructions in the pdf document.

Do you have a question?

Post your questions or comments at the bottom of this Tech Tip. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Author

Holder.jpg Bill Storrs is in the CAM Product Management Group at Siemens PLM software, Cypress California. His main focus is on CAM usability and learning support. He currently leads the CAM Learning Initiative Team whose mission is to provide users with a comprehensive collection of reference and training materials. He has an M.A. in Corporate Training and Development and has been in the industry for over 20 years.
Comments
Dreamer
Dreamer

Hello Bill,

I've just tried to program this example after.

When selecting the grooves, no parameters such as diameter etc. detected.

I use the NX 9.0.3 MP05.

VIP
VIP

I just ran through this and it looked fine.

Be sure you are selcting the cylindrical faces of the grooves.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi, I am using NX version 10.0.24 and Radial Grooving does not appear as an sub-operation under hole-making. Was this operation removed?
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

As the tags say, it is included in NX 10.0.1 first.

Make sure to install NX 10.0.3, which is the latest service pack for NX 10, and you are good to go.

VIP
VIP

This was introduced in NX 9.0.3 and 10.0.1. Note that NX 9.0.3 was released after NX 10.

NX 10 was released almost 2 years ago. Like @Stefan_Pendl says, install 10.0.3 and you will see this, along with many more CAM enhancements. 

Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.