Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easily Drill Interrupted Holes (Core Drilling)

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Drilling Interrupted Holes

Overview

A new hole making operation called Sequential Drilling allows you to drill a sequence of coaxial holes with gaps in the part material (material is interrupted by empty space).

Image11.gif

Created with NX CAM 9.0.3

Details

Each drilling cycle consists of cutting and non-cutting moves. You may select cylindrical faces, edges, or hole features. The holes must be coaxial but do not need to have the same diameter.

To use this self-demo, save the attached part file locally and follow the instructions in the pdf document.

Do you have a question?

Post your questions or comments at the bottom of this Tech Tip. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Author

Holder.jpg Bill Storrs is in the CAM Product Management Group at Siemens PLM software, Cypress California. His main focus is on CAM usability and learning support. He currently leads the CAM Learning Initiative Team whose mission is to provide users with a comprehensive collection of reference and training materials. He has an M.A. in Corporate Training and Development and has been in the industry for over 20 years.
Comments
Pioneer
Pioneer

I am running 9.0.3.4 OOTB -

I do not see the new Sequential Drilling cycle, I also noticed that there is another icon that is missing from the menu for what looks like an undercut milling routine, here is a screenshot of my menu:

menu.jpg

Any ideas on this?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
Hi Gary,

The Interrupted Drilling operation is available from NX901mp1 onwards, so you do not have that one in your NX903.4 OOTB install.

The 2nd operation you mention is Radial Groove Milling, which is also available from NX901mp1 onwards.

Best Regards / Venlig Hilsen

Lars Okkels
Mfg Engineering
Siemens Industry Software A/S

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software A/S, Borupvang 9, 2750 Ballerup, CVR-no. 31257077
Pioneer
Pioneer

Lars,

Thank you for the quick reply! I need some education it seems... is NX901mp1 a later release than NX903.4? I see on GTAC that there are two download directories, one named maintenance-release and one named maintenance-packs

Would you be so kind as to explain what is the difference in a maintenance release and a maintenance pack and also, how I can know which is the most current of the two?

Thank you,

Gary Britton

VIP
VIP

There is a typo that has caused confusion - 901mp1 should be 903mp1.

Maintenance releases are 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.0.3.

Maintenance Packs are based on these.

For 9.0.3, we are not up to 9.0.3 MP6.

9.0.3 MP1 and MP2 had functional enhancements (such as shown in this Tech Tip), but that was a special condition. Usually, MPs only contain PR fixes. 

Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.