Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easily Jog and Specify Poses in a Robotic Program

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Robotic Jog and Pose Settings

Overview

You can now graphically jog the robotic arm and define machine poses. Once defined, poses can be used as start and end positions in operations. Fully controlling the robot positions between operations is essential to a safe and predictable program.

image.gif

Created with NX CAM 10.0.3

Details

You can now graphically jog the robotic arm and easily define machine poses using the new Jog and Poses option in the Ribbon Bar. Previously, this would have been accomplished with a user defined event, manually entering numeric values copied from the Machine Axis Positions dialog box. The new method lets you quickly confirm the intermediate positioning graphically.

Video

(view in My Videos)

(If you have problems with the embedded player, you can download the attached .mp4 file.)

Self-Demo

Save the attached part file locally and follow the instructions in the .pdf document.

Do you have a question about this topic?

Post your questions or comments at the bottom of this Tech Tip. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Author

Holder.jpg Bill Storrs is in the CAM Product Management Group at Siemens PLM software, Cypress California. His main focus is on CAM usability and learning support. He currently leads the CAM Learning Initiative Team whose mission is to provide users with a comprehensive collection of reference and training materials. He has an M.A. in Corporate Training and Development and has been in the industry for over 20 years.

Comments
Pioneer
Pioneer

in my case, assembly not loaded.Snap8.jpg

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Amits,

Missed this question earlier. If you have not found a solution so far, from the file menu select Assembly Load Options and check your setting. If the Load option is set to 'From Folder' it should work properly. else - set it to 'From Search Folder' and browse for your  '\MACH\resource\library\. Manually add '...' after the '\'. i.e.:

C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\MACH\resource\library\...

and OK the dialog. try to reload now.

Hope this will resolve the Issue

Eddy Finaro,

NX CAM Product Manager

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

in my case this is happen.

Snap1.jpgSnap2.jpgSnap3.jpg

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

I see.

The reason is that the prts it tries to find for the robotic cell etc are supposed to be located at the same folder as the prt you attempt to open. can you please move the training prt from H:\ ... to your mach folder as follow:

...\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\ABB_IRB_6640_235_255\samples\

in that folder you'll notice that the missing files are located. after opening the training prt from the new location if the assembly load option is from folder - I assume that the issue will be resolved.

An alternative approach would be to change the assembly load options as I wrote before.

Yours,

Eddy

Experimenter
Experimenter
great!
Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.