Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Postprocessor custom functions with a smart TCL editor

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Post Configurator Enhancements

Overview

Post Configurator now uses an integrated TCL editor to more quickly edit and validate TCL code.

for Public Community article.gif

Created with NX CAM 10.0.2

Details

The editor uses colored text to help you manage:

• syntax validation
  • code completion to display valid variables
  • methods for you to choose from as you edit

It includes syntax validation to help you find coding errors, and provides the ability to select any TCL-based file that is sourced into your post. In addition, Customer Defaults allow you to specify default settings for the Post Configurator.

To use this self-demo, follow the instructions in the attached pdf document or see the video below.

Video

(view in My Videos)

(If you have problems with the embedded player, you can download the attached .mp4 file.)

Do you have a question?

Post your questions or comments at the bottom of this Tech Tip. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Author

Holder.jpg Bill Storrs is in the CAM Product Management Group at Siemens PLM software, Cypress California. His main focus is on CAM usability and learning support. He currently leads the CAM Learning Initiative Team whose mission is to provide users with a comprehensive collection of reference and training materials. He has an M.A. in Corporate Training and Development and has been in the industry for over 20 years.
Comments
Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

I am using NX version 10.0.2.6 but when i open Post Configurator dialog box , i don't look  Create New Postprocessor are, please look this picture12.png

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You need to request a new license file for NX 10 to get the post configurator license included, since the initial NX 10 license files are missing that feature.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for this video, gives a good head start on how to manage the code.

I need to 'edit' the exiting END_OF_PROGRAM proceedure (removing the T0, and add additional routine before the M30, etc).

Can you quickly point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

E.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.