Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster CNC programming for setups with multiple parts

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Overview

This enhancement allows you to efficiently create CNC programs for parts that are mounted multiple times at different locations and orientations as in a tombstone machining setup. It provides a copy/paste mechanism to duplicate operations and geometry objects from one workpiece to another while maintaining associativity between the source or “parent” objects and the copied or “dependent” objects.

(view in My Videos)

Created with NX CAM 9

Details

Learn how to use Copy and Paste with Reference.

To use this self-demo, save the attached part files locally and follow the instructions in the pdf document.

Do you have a question?

Post your questions or comments at the bottom of this Tech Tip. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Author

Holder.jpg Bill Storrs is in the CAM Product Management Group at Siemens PLM software, Cypress California. His main focus is on CAM usability and learning support. He currently leads the CAM Learning Initiative Team whose mission is to provide users with a comprehensive collection of reference and training materials. He has an M.A. in Corporate Training and Development and has been in the industry for over 20 years.

About the Presenter

Holder.jpg Derek has been focused on PLM CAM software, in one way or another, since 1992, which sounds like a very long time. He's written posts, done implementation and training, served as a product manager, and as a marketer. It has all been fun - he's met a lot of interesting people and seen a lot of interesting machine shops.
Comments
Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I've been using Unigraphics/NX since the days of McAuto...

I downloaded the *.7z file and the *.PDF file and the first step tells me I need to unzip the *.7z file. With what? I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 and the built in extract utiliity does not recognize *.7z files as a compressed file format. I tried renaming the *.7z file to *.zip but that didn't work either. Is there another extraction utility that I should be using? Winrar perhaps? Please tell me.

Regards...Blake

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Try this: http://www.7-zip.org/

WinRAR also works.

Regards!

Jon Albuerne

LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.