Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add right-angle heads to machines for simulation in NX CAM

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Overview

Learn how to use "devices" as part of a machine tool definition in order to specify optional components such as right-angle heads for your machine simulation.

(view in My Videos)

Created with NX 9.0

Details

The example machines delivered with the NX CAM software now include devices as part of the machine definitions. See how these devices can be used to specify optional right-angle heads for your machine simulations. Learn:

• What are devices and how do they participate in the machine hierarchy
  • How to include right angle devices as part of your programming
  • How to add devices to your device library

Do you have a question?

Click 'Add a Comment' below to ask it. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Presenter

Yery_Camacho 80x95.jpg

Yery Camacho began his career as a CAM programmer in 1977. He has worked as a product manager for NX CAM in the areas of machine tool verification, simulation, and complex machining. He is currently the business lead for the Complex Manufacturing organization at Siemens PLM Software.

Derek Hart
... if we're not having fun, we're not doing it right!
Comments
PLM World Member Builder PLM World Member Builder
PLM World Member Builder

For some reason i can't see a link to the Tech tip replay?

Community Manager

The video should be the first thing you see on this post, and it should start playing when you click it.  It is working for me.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just can't seem to get the hang of this...  Do you have some step by step instructions for the idiot here?  I mean describing exactly what steps when creating the device, mounting, etc..  I am deffinitely missing something..  Embarrassing...

Community Manager

@tchoate: No worries - this Tech Tip is bit more advanced for machine builder.  Take a look at the video series: "Customize Your Machine Tool Simulation - Basic (6 videos)" for a much more detailed blow-by-blow of how to get started with Machine Tool Builder.

This should fill in the gaps, I think. You can follow that up with even more Machine Simulation Tech Tips and articles by clicking the Machine Tool Simulation category on the front page's Tech Tip index.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Unfortunately, some companies block videos (i.e. throw out the baby with the bath water).

Theorist
Theorist

Can you make a video of a complete setup how to do instead of telling what you have done, what must be done in the various processes
How to setup angel head step bye step in all processes 

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello ! what format are the videos in ?

Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.