Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make any hole with NX CAM

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Overview

Almost every NC shop makes holes, and NX CAM offers both automatic and manual holemaking methods. This Tech Tip explores various methods for holemaking, including user-defined cycles.

(view in My Videos)

Created with NX8.5

Details

Learn how to use the NX CAM holemaking options to address any hole, ensuring the best cutting results for:

• Various drilling cycles
  • Tapping and thread milling
  • Hole milling
  • User-defined cycles

Do you have a question?

Click 'Add a Comment' below to ask it. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

Derek Hart
... if we're not having fun, we're not doing it right!
Comments
Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the great information! At this moment I am most interested in the last part about a Custom Drill Cycle. I am pretty familiar with Post Builder so I think I understand the User Defined Cycle ok, but I cannot figure out how to add the custom cycle to the "Cycle Type" list in NX.

I've watched both of Mark Rief's CAM Customization videos but I still cannot figure out how to add to the drill cycle list. I thought I would only need to open the hole_making.prt file and add to it, but that was not the case. Next I tried looking at the drill.prt but still no joy. I'd sure appreciate some help because I need to set something up to build a line of code that passes a set of variables to a Fanuc macro call for threadmilling that we use.

Once that is in the list, in this example's case, the Clevis Drill, how is the logic for the User Defined Cycle called up in the post?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.