Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let NX CAM create your in-process material models

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Overview

Manufacturing components in multiple setups often requires providing an in-process workpiece to represent the partially cut condition to the next setup. Learn how to let NX CAM provide that in-process material representation automatically.

(view in My Videos)

Created with NX 9.0

Details

NX has several options for providing the in-process models that are needed to start an additional setup in a machining process. One of those options is to let NX CAM automatically reference the cut material verification model from a previous setup as the initial blank to the next setup.

In this Tech Tip, see how to reference a previous in-process blank from within the working part file, or even from an external part file. It's easy!

Do you have a question?

Click 'Add a Comment' below to ask it. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Presenter

Michael Mannino 80x95.jpg

Michael Mannino is part of the Siemens PLM Software eastern region sales organization. He has helped countless customers optimize their NC programming environments with NX CAM.

Derek Hart
... if we're not having fun, we're not doing it right!
Comments
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Can some one explain how to export or use WIP in other setup as raw material in detail.

Thanks

Creator
Creator

Hi,

It will be great if you can provide some documents and sample parts for this IPW process.

Thanks

Pioneer
Pioneer

What is IPW?

VIP
VIP

IPW is the In Process Workpiece, created as a result of the machining operations.

Basically, we start with the "Blank", and subtract the material removed by each tool path.

This is used by following operations to determine where there is material to be removed, and to avoid cutting air.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Can we reset NX to it's default position?

Pioneer
Pioneer

In NX CAM when i try to open help file for cam then part not loaded automatically it opens notepad and steps to do a tutorial. How I can correct it?

VIP
VIP

@amits I'm not sure about this, but it sounds like you are having trouble accessing Menu > Help > Manufacturing Tutorials. It sounds like an installation issue, but please contact GTAC to diagnose what is going on. If you want to open an on line discussion, please start a topic in the Manufacturing Forum.

Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.