Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX CAM Trial Offer Software Frequently Asked Questions

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Frequently Asked Questions about NX CAM Trial offer software installation

What are the system requirements for the trial version of NX CAM software?

NX CAD\CAM supports Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. 64-bit configuration only.

The WebInstaller depends on Microsoft .NET 4. Framework. In case the Web Instllaer does not run, try to install the .NET 4 framework from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Is the software download and installation a long process?

After the registration step is done you will be taken to a download page. By clicking the DOWNLOAD button you will download to your computer a small WebInstaller.

faq1.png

The WebInstaller will manage the whole process from downloading NX CAM, installing and configuring the license. This step may take 30-60 minutes, depends on you network bandwidth.

ForQ&APage.png

I’m having difficulties downloading the software.  What could be the problem?

While the WebInstaller runs you must be connected to the Internet.

In case the connection is stopped and the installation fails you can start the WebInstaller again from the location you saved it.

In case you don’t find the WebInstaller or it was not downloaded you can download it again:

• Browse again to the Trial registration Page

• Click on I’ve already registered for the trial, but I need to download the software

• Fill in the email you used in the original registration

• The system will take you again to the download page

NX CAM is installed but when I run it, it says the license is not available. How can I obtain the license?

In general the license will be downloaded and configured automatically by the WebInstaller. If for some reason the license was not installed, try to run the WebInstaller again. It will try to obtain your license again and configure it.

The installation steps and status are saved within the CAMWebInstall log file. The log can be found under your system’s Temp directory (type %temp% to find your Temp directory).

It will help you to understand what failed in the installation process in order to look for the right solution.

How do I start the NX CAM trial version software on my machine?

You can find the simple step-by-step instructions on how to start your NX CAM trial version software HERE.

I could not find a solution to my problem. Is there additional location I can look for help?

If you encounter problems we suggest you look at the Siemens public Community forum for help.

I’m new to NX CAM.  Where can I find tutorials on the basics?

The NX CAM tutorials can guide you in your first steps using NX CAM. It will take you step-by-step from the basic task to more advanced ones.

The Tutorial can be found under Menu \ Help \ Manufacturing Tutorials.

faq6.png

Please use the comments section below to let us know if this document has been helpful to you. Thank you.

Comments
Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Good day! Currently NX 11 is available for installation, but the actual version is NX 12. How can I test NX 12?

Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.