Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize Dialog Groups into Nodes

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Organize Dialog Groups into Nodes

Overview

You can now create a flat dialog box structure using explorer nodes.

Image1.gif

Created with NX CAM 11.0.1

Details

You can now customize dialog boxes using explorer nodes to create a flat structure with groups listed along the left side of the dialog box. This type of organization can eliminate scrolling by reducing the size of large dialog boxes.

Video

(view in My Videos)

(If you have problems with the embedded player, you can download the attached .mp4 file.)

Self-Demo

Save the attached part file locally and follow the instructions in the .pdf document.

Do you have a question about this topic?

Post your questions or comments at the bottom of this Tech Tip. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Author

BillStorrs.png Bill Storrs is in the CAM Product Management Group at Siemens PLM software, Cypress California. His main focus is on CAM usability and learning support. He currently leads the CAM Learning Initiative Team whose mission is to provide users with a comprehensive collection of reference and training materials. He has an M.A. in Corporate Training and Development and has been in the industry for over 20 years.
Comments
Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

I have a quastion regarding the Explorer Nodes.

I want eliminate the separate window for cutting parameters and non cutting moves. Than I dont have to switch every time in a separate window.

But some option I cant find in the customize dialog box. Eg Start/Drill Points and some more options are missing there.

Somebody know where I can find these options?

Thank you very much

12345.jpg

Solution Partner Theorist Solution Partner Theorist
Solution Partner Theorist

2017-05-09_083211.pngHi Sir.

Follow the intructions. but i can not see Explorer and Explorer Note. How we adds Explorer and Explorer Note on Customize Dialog ?

Thank for help.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

Do you use NX 11.0.1?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

In NX 12.0.1 a new button was added to automatically change the dialog to the explorer style.01_regular_dialog.PNGRegular Dialog

02_before_conversion.PNGBefore Conversion

03_after_conversion.PNGAfter Conversion

04_explorer_dialog.PNGExplorer Dialog

Happy NC programming Smiley Wink

Legend
Legend

Oh **bleep**! Thanks for posting that. I'm using the EAP and did not know you could do that yet Smiley Very Happy

Is there a default way to do this without opening every option and clicking "convert" in every template?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried recording a journal?

Customize from template and from existing operation is supported by the NXOpen API.

Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.