Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickly Limit Your Cutting Coverage

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Trim tool paths in the Tool Path Editor to quickly limit your cutting coverage

Overview

You can now use the Tool Path Editor to trim tool paths by specifying a rectangle, lasso, or polygon in the view plane. You can also specify smooth, planar, and lowest safe z transfer moves along the trimmed edge.

Image1.gif

Created with NX CAM 9.0.2

Details

Using a rectangle, polygon, or lasso to trim tool paths in the view plane.

To use this self-demo, save the attached part files locally and follow the instructions in the pdf document.

Do you have a question?

Post your questions or comments at the bottom of this Tech Tip. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Author

Holder.jpg Bill Storrs is in the CAM Product Management Group at Siemens PLM software, Cypress California. His main focus is on CAM usability and learning support. He currently leads the CAM Learning Initiative Team whose mission is to provide users with a comprehensive collection of reference and training materials. He has an M.A. in Corporate Training and Development and has been in the industry for over 20 years.

Comments
Pioneer
Pioneer
I welcome this new option. When I first look it, I took a try. It is not bad, but there should be some more options: -Smooth transfer on plane, -Smooth transfer on part surface, -Smooth transfer with, or without the pre-defined, or some different non-cutting moves, -Smooth transfer/ rapid transfer limit distance together with smooth transfer feedrate -Trimming only the cutting moves I used NX for a long time, now I am on Delcam Powermill, there is a similar functionality, but a bit smarter :/
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.