Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Machine Tool Simulation Concepts (13 videos)

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Overview

The following introductory training video series is for manufacturers who want to understand the components of G-code based Machine Tool Simulation in NX CAM. It describes the machine tool examples provided as part of the NX software install, the basic customization process and tools needed.

NOTE: It will take almost a minute before all of the content on this page is displayed and you can scroll down. Please be patient while the previews for all 13 videos are loaded.

Created with NX 7.5

Details

The introductory training video series is broken down into 13 brief chapters, as described below.  It is helpful to go through them in order at first, but having several chapters makes it easier to return to the material for reinforcement.

Learning Objective: Gain an understanding of the various available simulation modules in NX CAM, the concept of NC code based simulation and important role of the controller model. After this basic training you will be able to demonstrate advanced simulation utilizing the provided examples as well as to reuse them to create your own simulation environment with some customization possibilities.

Target Audience: This course  is useful for everyone who wants to understand how NX CAM simulation works and what is available in this product area. This training is a prerequisite for the advanced series.

Introductory Training Video Series for Machine Tool Simulation

Chapter 1: Simulation Overview - Levels of Simulation (3:14) - Understanding the different levels of simulation. What is provided with the products of Siemens PLM Software 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 2: NX CAM ISV Architecture and Simulation Drivers (4:37) - Understanding the concepts and architecture of NX CAM related to simulation drivers. Get an overview of the different drivers in the system. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 3: MTD vs CSE (1:19) - Understanding the strategy and difference between Machine Tool Driver MTD and Common Simulation Engine CSE 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 4: CSE Concept and Naming (1:20) - Understanding the concept of CSE and details of naming and history 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 5: The 4 Main Modules of CSE (6:00) - Understanding the details of CSE and its main modules. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 6: CSE Architecture Overview (3:18) - Understanding the internal architecture of CSE and its run-time data flow. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 7: Delivered with NX7.5 (2:45) - Overview of the content delivered with NX7.5 with a glance on the out-of-the-box examples. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 8: Datastructure of a machine tool components (4:16) - Understanding the data structure of a machine tool and how its data is stored. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 9: Things to Remember (2:44) - Important notes when working with CSE. Things which can easily be overseen. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 10: Toolchange Cycle - Anycontroller Language (13:15) - Understand the concept of tool changes with CSE. Get an overview about the Anycontroller language used to cover PLC events by CSE. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 11: About ini files (6:07) - Understanding the concept of initialization files. Find out how they are used by the provided examples. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 12: Available Documentation (2:16) - Summary of the available documentation and learn how to access it. 

(view in My Videos)

Chapter 13: About Offsets (12:21) - Understanding the concepts of fixture offsets when simulating NC code. Find out how offsets are handled by CSE and the examples provided.

(view in My Videos)

Comments
Solution Partner Enthusiast Solution Partner Enthusiast
Solution Partner Enthusiast

Thank you Derek Hart,

It's very helpful

Dreamer
Dreamer

Great introduction. Thanks!

Solution Partner Visionary Solution Partner Visionary
Solution Partner Visionary

where i can download this videos?

Experimenter
Experimenter

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THESE VIDEOS

LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.