Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Robots in your NX CAM setups

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

NX CAM Robotics Programming

Overview

NX can now use industrial robots as machine tools in NX CAM. You can simulate the robotic motion and apply additional robotics rules to specify your preferences for the robotics positioning solution.

for Public Community article.gif

Created with NX CAM 10.0.2

Details

Robotic machines are useful for milling, polishing, linishing, deburring, and laser, plasma, and water jet cutting. In this example, you will polish both sides of a turbine blade.  You will see how to:

• Include an industrial robot as your machine tool
  • Simulate the robotic motion as it follows your tool path
  • Apply robotics rules to affect the positioning solutions for the multi-axis robots.

Note: Robotic Machining requires the purchase of additional  licenses.

To use this self-demo, save the attached part files locally and follow the instructions in the pdf document, or see the video below.

Video:

(view in My Videos)

Do you have a question?

Post your questions or comments at the bottom of this Tech Tip. (You must be signed in to access this feature.)

About the Author

Holder.jpg Bill Storrs is in the CAM Product Management Group at Siemens PLM software, Cypress California. His main focus is on CAM usability and learning support. He currently leads the CAM Learning Initiative Team whose mission is to provide users with a comprehensive collection of reference and training materials. He has an M.A. in Corporate Training and Development and has been in the industry for over 20 years.

Comments
Experimenter
Experimenter

Saludos cordiales Sr. he descargado el archivo de robotica, al proceder ha abrir el archiavo solo se abre la operacion de mecanizado, y no se abre el archivo de ensamble . Por favor ayudeme

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Be sure you are typing in the correct location of the mach directory for your local install. Example: C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0.2\mach...  This is where the system finds the machine tool assembly.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks you  for you help.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Es posible trabajar CAM robots con NX10 academico, y que modulo de Nx necesito tener. Gracias

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Good day everyone,
I would ask if it is possible NX use other than robots ABB, KUKA and FANUC?

He's concerned about the robot STAUBLI.

thank you for answer

Experimenter
Experimenter

great! thanks.

Dreamer
Dreamer

Hello Bill.

I ask your help, I do not know from whom this can be asked.

I started writing a post processor on a robot in the Post Configurator and can not solve the error.

error_1.JPG

You can tell from what it occurs?

Regards,

Maksim

Contributors
LIVE Tech Tip Webinars
Watch NX experts demonstrate manufacturing best practices. Stay online for Q&A.