cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Download robot programs

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

I am trying to create a auto robot downloader of all the robot operation to a specific place. I have had a look and there is a DCMUtilities that does only robot programs and not operations. Any help would be great thank

Regards

15 REPLIES

Re: Auto Download robot programs

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

I did something similar in the past maype this code helps you.

TxOlpControllerUtilities txOlpControllerUtilities = new TxOlpControllerUtilities();
foreach (TxRoboticProgram prog in TxApplication.ActiveDocument.RoboticProgramRoot.DirectChildPrograms)
{
string path = @"C:\temp\testprog.src";
ITxRoboticDownloader downloader = txOlpControllerUtilities.GetInterfaceImplementationFromController(prog.Robot.Controller.Name,
typeof(ITxRoboticDownloader),
typeof(TxControllerAttribute),
"NameOfController") as ITxRoboticDownloader;
downloader.Download(prog, path, true);
}

Good luck

Best regards

Patrick

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

Great thanks for the help. I am getting an error please see below with the below line. Which is strange because I am pulling the controller string directly from the robot

ITxRoboticDownloader downloader = OlpControllerUtil.GetInterfaceImplementationFromController(robot.Controller.Name, typeof(ITxRoboticDownloader), typeof(TxControllerAttribute), robot.Controller.Name);

dowloaderror.GIF

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

It looks like your Controller is not compatible with your PS version.

e.g. you have installed PS13.0 but you use kuka-krc-bmw controller for PS13.0.2.

The best will be to uninstall the actual controller via Windows -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.

Download the correct robot controller from GTAC for you installed PS version.

Best regards

Patrick

Genius
Genius

RobSimCoder schrieb:

ITxRoboticDownloader downloader = OlpControllerUtil.GetInterfaceImplementationFromController(robot.Controller.Name, typeof(ITxRoboticDownloader), typeof(TxControllerAttribute), robot.Controller.Name);

The problem is in the last argument of the GetInterfaceImplementationFromController method. You pass the value of the property to the method instead of the property name.

Try

ITxRoboticDownloader downloader = OlpControllerUtil.GetInterfaceImplementationFromController(robot.Controller.Name, typeof(ITxRoboticDownloader), typeof(TxControllerAttribute), "ControllerName");

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

Great thank you this now works. But there are two thing it is not doing like the normal downloader.

1. It does not create the *.olp program.

2. It does not create the .dat global template file.

I have had a look but I cannot see how to pull this information from the robot setup and into the download.

Thanks again for the help

Genius
Genius

Does the command create a logfile?

If so, are there any informations about *.olp and *.dat template?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Do you mean, you do not get same generated files whether you download from Process Simulate / Select Operation / Download To Robot or via your command that uses the API?

In theory, there should be no difference.

Genius
Genius

I created a simple class to test the code.

The *.olp file is not created using the API.

There is an error message in the logfile.

Spoiler
Warnung: Keine Programmvorlage ausgewaehlt, benutze vorgegebene default.tdat.
Fehler: Datei P:\PStest\RobotsMachineDataFiles\7A04DD66-AC4D-4FEB-995B-942477431099\program.olp kann zum Schreiben nicht geoeffnet werden
Fehler: Datei P:\PStest\RobotsMachineDataFiles\7A04DD66-AC4D-4FEB-995B-942477431099\program.olp kann zum Schreiben nicht geoeffnet werden
Warnung: Keine Programmvorlage ausgewaehlt, benutze vorgegebene default.tsrc.

The path to program.olp is completely wrong.

The correct path to the RobotsMachineDataFiles-Directory is D:\eMSysRoot\RobotsMachineDataFiles\

I passed E:\program.src as the path for the Download method.

Process Simulate is started in Visual Studio, and my code is in a directory on P:\

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Strange. There is no reason download from API will find wrong machine data file folder (or at least a different one from download for PSR menus)...