cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you develop the program conveniently?

Creator
Creator

Hi Experts:

i begin to develop the Tecnomatix Software  using C# recently.I've learned how to create commands on the toolbar by watching videos on my website. But what else can I do instead of creating command buttons to execute my program? In addition, can tecnomatix software obtain objects through external programs? For example, an external program obtains a tecnomatix object by such a method: GetObject ("Tecnomatix.Application"), and I can get the object inside without closing the software. Because I feel the create command, the command register development means, develop special trouble, whenever I modify the program, need to recompile and restart tecnomatix software, frequent closed and open software costs time and effort.Or is there a method that does not need to shut down tecnomatix after each revision, and can be used directly in tecnomatix after re generation.

I am a novice, I hope the master can teach some skills.

6 REPLIES

Re: How can you develop the program conveniently?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

There is no need to close PS, recompile and restart PS.

You can start PS directly from Visual Studio into Debugging mode.

So you can set breakpoints in VS and the debugger will stop at this points, in addition you can pause the debugger, modify your code and play with the modified code.

Therfore, setup your project properties in VS.

The example shows the arguments for PS Disconnected. If you want to use for eMS Based use
"/c NewAssembler /l ems"

As an output path of your dll file set the "TecnomatixDir\eMPower\DotNetCommands".

E.g. 

debug.png

Best regards

Patrick

Creator
Creator

thank you PatrickUnangst,it's so cool!It's too convenient!

Creator
Creator

Additionally you can use /command command line option to start specific command automatically.

Creator
Creator

thank you ,but can you give me a few  examples?

Creator
Creator

Take a look hier: Open project on eMServer from command line last comment from DianaG.

Creator
Creator

What I am really missing is the possibility to test programs with unit tests and so on. This make the development process much more unsafe and expensive.