Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Realize "Create Engineer Libraries" Function with Tecnomatix .NET API ?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi:

I want to achieve the function of Create engineering Libraries with .NET API. I have use these methods on this page:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tecnomatix-Developer-Forum/how-to-Add-new-Component-...

That post was also sent by me.Thank you for your reply. but I still have a few question :

1.the new resource was be created in a new Resource library  under the working folder,it is not in the existing library which i want it in.

2.the new resource's "3D File" property on the properties page is empty . 

in addition , Because this function is a function of the software itself. Is there a faster way to do it?  I don't know if it can be implemented by "ExecuteCommand" with some parameters.

I look forward to your reply.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: How to Realize "Create Engineer Libraries" Function with Tecnomatix .NET API ?

Legend
Legend

Dongyang,

I fear there is not possibility to create a library with .NET API. You can achieve this task with eM Planner API, but I have not found any documentation with exactly description which structure do you have to create in order to get cojt inserted to the library. Therefore: my suggestion is to generate xml to import this prototype in the library and use import command to import required components to the library.

I hope, that Tecnomatix validate XML before import it.

Another advantage of XML import is the possibility to set attributes to the imported components.

Best regards.

Witalij.

Re: How to Realize "Create Engineer Libraries" Function with Tecnomatix .NET API ?

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Witalij

Hi! Would you please share the method of XML import?

Best Regards,

Remond

Legend
Legend

Our simulators use for it the on board tools of PS. It takes something like 10-15 seconds to import a created library. I have not find any methods to import xml with .NET API. I have seen interfaces IEmpImportCollection and IEmpIE in the eMServer API, but :

1. I have not tried to use it.
  2. It is not a subject of this forum.

Best regards

Witalij.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I got it.

Thanks for the reply.

Best Regards,

Remond

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear Witalij

I am glad to see your reply. I have already thought the method of "Create the xml and import the xml " , but create the xml is too trouble, because i want to the resource is created in the correct node nor the new resource library , if xml is only write the resource itself, after import the xml , create the new resource library under the working folder, i do not want it. 

Legend
Legend

Donngyang,

in that case you have use the eMServer API.

I have wrote this somewhere: be aware, that you exactly know what do you do. Check that you have created all required objects: the structure, that you see in the navigation tree not by a long shot whole structure, that is stored in the database. Some obejcts, e.g. ThreeDRep, is implicitly created by PS and are not displayed in the navigation tree. The emServer API does not create this objects for you. So you have analyse customization and investigate the structure of the objects created by PS in order to prevent the creation of not working objects in your database.

Witalij.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear Witalij:

Thank you for your professional reply.but I couldn't find the help document of eMServer API . Can you tell me where I can find it?

Legend
Legend

Dear Dongyang,

I got API documentation from our system administrator. You can search the PS/PD installation folder for eM-Planner API Manual.

Legend
Legend

The aM-Planner API manual is on the InstallationDVD in the Documentation folder!