Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Resource Library?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have looked at

TxApplication.CommandsManager.ExecuteCommand("EMServer.New");

which is really not any different than just doing it manually.  From what I can tell, unfortunately, this command does not appear to take a parameter so it still requires user input to tell what you want to add (PmResourceLibrary, PmToolPrototype).

txNewPartResourceParametersEx.Type = "PmResourceLibrary";
TxApplication.CommandsManager.ExecuteCommand("ComponentOperations.NewResource", txNewPartResourceParametersEx);

This performs how I would like, creating the Resource Library without user input, however, it creates it in the object tree, not the library.

Is there a way to do this, but adding this to the library?

Also, as a side note, I see that there are "EMServer.CheckIn" and "EMServer.CheckOut" commands, but I haven't found a IsCheckedIn or IsCheckedOut property for anything.  So I'm wondering how do I test if something is checked out (in) before I check it out (in)?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to add Resource Library?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

For the second question, I did find TxEmsServicesProvider, which has CheckInCheckOutState

Legend
Legend

The first task is much easier to achieve with eM Server API.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is there any documentation for the eM Server API?  I only see Tecnomatix.NET.chm for SDK help.

Legend
Legend

Sorry, for the delay. I have got eM-PlannerAPIManual .chm file from our system administrator, usually it is a part of the installation.

Best Regards,

witalij.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

it should be on the istallation disk- under the Documentation folder.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I am having our IT department look into it. 

Out of curiosity, is this part of the Process Sim installation or is there a seperate installation just for emServer?

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

It is available in the Documentation folder of the Setup CD. As far as I know, it is not copied to the setup folder of Process Simulate.

Best Regards,

DianaG