Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create couplings for rotational joints?

Legend
Legend

Hello,

for months I struggle for creating couplings in an equipment prototype. The problem in this case are the rotational joints.

I create the HardLimits for the rotational joint with

joint.HardLimits = new TxJointConstantHardLimits(0, RwMath.Deg2Rad(1.0));

(The upper limit is both for prismatic joints and rotational joints always 1!)

After creating the equipment prototype, the joint properties window in the kinematics editor shows me the correct values for the lower and upper limit.

But if I open the equipment prototype with the joint jog dialog, all rotational values are weird. The value 57.3 is obviously converted from radians to degrees. (1rad is 57.3 degrees). See attached pictures.

I don't find the error, why the correct values in the property window change to incorrect values in the joint jog dialog.

Can anyone give me some advice, please?

4 REPLIES

Re: How to create couplings for rotational joints?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Markus,

I don't think there is a error, maybe a confusion.

The shown value in your joint jog windows isnt' the same as the High and Low limits. It is just a value where your joint is right now. Since you turned of the limits, a value of 57.3 is plausible.
To modify the joint value you should use TxJoint -> currentvalue (in rad or mm).

Legend
Legend

Hi,

because I create the whole kinematic of the equipment prototype by API, I expect in the JointJog Dialog only values from 0 to 1 for the EP-Joints.

Meanwhile I debugged the whole code again and maybe I did something wrong in the Pose-Creation-Method.

Does JointValues property of TxPoseData expect radians for rotational joints? I have to find out!

Pioneer
Pioneer

revolute joints have to have radian values

Legend
Legend

Indeed!

The problem was that i created the poses with values in degrees and not in radians.