Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get where TxPlanningObjects are stored?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm trying to find a way to the path to where the TxPlanningObjects are stored.  For Engineering objects, I was able to use the TxLibraryStorage class to achieve this.  But it doesn't work for Planning objects as there is no

'StorageObject' method.

I tried to go through the fields for the object, but the only one that seems to be relevant is the field

"threeDRep".  However this field just returns a TxPlanningObject, so I am right back where I started.

5 REPLIES

Re: How to get where TxPlanningObjects are stored?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, TGSimulation!

The easiest way to achieve this task is to use the eM-Planner API. The IEmpThreeDRep interface has FileName property:

Dim empContext As New EMPTYPELIBRARYLib.EmpContext With {.sessionId = TxApplication.ActiveDocument.eMSSessionId}
        Dim threeDrepWorker As New EmpThreeDRep
        Dim path As String = threeDrepWorker.FullPath(
            empContext,
            New EmpObjectKey() With
                {
                    .objectId = DirectCast(threedRep.PlatformServicesProvider, ITxEmsServicesProvider).InternalId
                })

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 

Where are you finding EmpThreeDRep class?  I do not see that anywhere.  Is that available in 13.1  (which is what I am using) I wonder?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Okay, I did find the EmpThreeDRepClass in the EMPMODELLib.dll in C:\Program Files\Tecnomatix_13.1\eMPower.

The EMPTYPELIBRARYLib.dll is in that directory, too, but also in the C:\Program Files\Tecnomatix_13.1\eMPower\DotNetCommands, which is where I was looking, because that is where I am putting custom commands.

Pioneer
Pioneer

TGSimulation,

sorry for a delay. I would use the EMPTYPELIBRARYLib from eMPower and not from DotNetCommands. By adding the reference to this library set Embed Interop Types to False.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi TGSimulation,

If you go through the fields, you need to go through "threeDRep" -> "file" -> "fileName"

You can get that using the TxEmsTraversalManager & TxEmsCacheManager.

Best Regards,

DianaG