cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause Robot in PLC Simulation Mode

Creator
Creator

Hi,

In CEE mode you can pause and resume a robot motion using the standard robot signal _robotPause. How do you pause a robot path\program when running in PLC simulation mode as this signal does not seem to work.

4 REPLIES

Re: Pause Robot in PLC Simulation Mode

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

AFAIK, there should not be any difference between running with PLC simulation (OPC DA/UA/PlcSim/PlcSim Adv.) and running in CEE mode with respect to the program pause signal.

Is your program pause signal connected to an LB or to the PLC ? it should be connected to something for the simulation to evaluate it.

Kind regards,

Zachi

Creator
Creator

Hi. The problem I had was that I was starting the CELL program using CELL_start which meant the programPause does not work. Also I was missing the hotfixes to v13.0.2 which fixes a few robot IO issues. I have now started it with startProgram so it now pauses when using programPause.

The problem I now have is how do I reset the robot program back to the start of the program without resetting the whole  simulation? I have tried the emergencyStop signal which does cause the next start pulse to start in CELL, but I find that in the sequence editor it still shows the green running triangle against other routines it was in before I did the stop. If i then start it and then stop if after I have then gone through these routines that the whole simulation stops and I cannot recover without shutting down PS

Creator
Creator
Update. I have found that if the KUKA robot is on a WAIT signal command, activating the emergencyStop signal for the robot causes the above error and freezes the simulation timer, which cannot be restarted

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Which Tx version do you use?

I believe such an issue was fixed in 13.1.

Contact GTAC if you require the fix in an older version.

Regards,

Zachi