cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TxObjEditBoxCtrl

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

I have a strange problem when using  TxObjEditBoxCtrl selection box. If I start a new project and then drag and drop this control onto my form, save the project and the close down. Straight away visual studio crashes and if I try to reopen the project it crashes again. I though maybe it was .net framework version issue but I have tried all version from 4.0 to 4.6.1. I have also tried different version of visual studio to see if perhaps that could be the problem(recommend is 2013 pro). Please see below the error and what the exception is when I go into debug mode. The error seems to suggest that it is some sort of write access to the dll but I have insure that this is not a problem. Any help would be great thanks

image.pngimage.png

Thanks

11 REPLIES

Re: TxObjEditBoxCtrl

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

Sorry I forgot to say that this in on PS version 12.1.3 and 13.0.2 that I have tested

Thanks

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

Hi

Did you upgraded from some 32 bit TX installation to  13.0.2?

Betreff: TxObjEditBoxCtrl

Legend
Legend

Hi,

I have a similar problem in PS11.1 with the TxNumericEditBoxControl. In my case the the missing dependency properties is the problem. I want to use the TxNumericEditBoxControl in a WPF window.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi

I am not really sure what is meant by upgrade but this is a fresh install of 13.0.2. I have also tested on 2 other workstation with the same result. They are all window 10 installs could this perhaps be a factor.

Regards

Creator
Creator

I had a similiar problem in PS 12.1

In my case it was because the file versions of Tecnomatix.Engineering.dll and Tecnomatix.Engineering.UI.dll didn't match. If you rightclick on properties on the two files

(Located in C:\Program Files\Tecnomatix_13.0\eMPower) and go to details tab. It should look something like this. What's important is that the file versions are identical.

1.PNG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

Thanks but I have already ruled this out as I also thought this could be the problem.

Regards

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

Hi.

I could not reproduce this issue, also on Windows 10 with Visual studio 2013.

sometimes, when VS fails to start, it is due to some temporary file that visual studio creates. Please check this out:

1) goto your project location.

2) set the options so windows explorer will not hide anything.

3) delete the file that has the same name as your project, but ends with suo.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi 

Thank you for the help I did this process and I am still having the problem. I also have this problem on 3 different computers which is really strange.

Regards

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

Can you post the full execption details and call stack?

Check also if you have more than one instance of the mentioned DLL under the eMPower folder hierarchy.

It is possible that due to building commands or extensions, some DLLs are being auto-copied to the target folder, hence 2 versions of the same DLL might exist and this can also cause such issues.

Visual Studio crashing right after seems unrelated - more likely a bug in VS.

Kind regards,

Zachi