Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is TransformationParam?

Pioneer
Pioneer

While working with PS, sometimes i get locations which a robot can jump on. But they are not reachable during the simulation (Error -68 > Position not reachable)
I've started an API-investigation into the objectdata of the vialocation, since these information are not exposed to the user and i found an additional parameter called "TransformationParam" which contains a TxTransformation.

In my opinion the "jump to location"-command uses the via.absolutelocation information to jump the robot to the location. But the SimulationEngine (so called) uses the "TransformationParam" information to simulate the robotpathmovement.

So, what is this for? Where does it come from? How can this be prevented? And why is this information not exposed to the user in some way?
A user has no chance to figure out why the robot is jumping correct and gives reachability errors during the simulation.

I attached a picture of a LocationAnalyzer i wrote, to show the user (me) ViaLocationOperation parameters.
There you can see the problem

3 REPLIES

Re: What is TransformationParam?

Legend
Legend

Hello @Titaniser

Maybe this has to do with taught locations. You can force a different location configuration, so that in simulation the robot does not move to the loc.AbsLocation, but into a forced config. Probably this information is stored in this TransformationParam.

Try using "Clear Taught Location" for those problematic locations and see if it fixes your problem. Although, I can't remember in an easy way of filtering and analyzing this kind of locations.

But there are more reasons that a location can not be reached (which sometimes is really tricky to solve) and I don't know how it affects this TransformationParam. You can also try, during simulation, to use the Simulation Monitor to check the error message coming from it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me.

A thaught location is stored by its absolute position (translation + rotation + rotation type) and its configuration.

The Transformparam only stores absolute position as a txtransformation type. There is no configuration stored in that kind of type.

A "forced config" (as you name it) uses its absolute position + the stored configuration, instead of a completely different position.

Locations with transformparam can't be seen from the user perspective, that's why i like to know how to prevent these up front.

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello @Titaniser,

@FredCastro was right, some clarifications:

During simulation of locations that are attached to a part, we save the simulated position (only when Auto Teach button – turned on!).

So, in case that before running simulation, we want to check reachability, we have the final positions in our hands.

In case that user modify the locations, he need to clean this data (through "Clear Teach Location") or to auto teach again.

Regards,

Adi