cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command requests

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

disclosure: I am an user in a developer forum, so I apologize if it's not the right place to post the thread.

I was looking for an option to filter entity mode and component mode selection lock in the resource object tree.

ex: I have selected entity mode selection for my cursor clicks (F11/F12), but I need only the top most level to be selected for certain objects. So, I wanted to use an additional column filter in the object tree which locks the entity level selection for that particular object (similar to padlock icon).

This way I can keep entity level selection for cursor clicks and still select complete components of my choice. 

Any help to guide me how I can go about creating it would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regard,

kiran koushik

4 REPLIES

Re: command requests

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello kiran_koushik,

What about creating your own viewer and control the selection inside it?

Best Regards,

Diana 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi DianaG,

thanks for your time to help me out..

the option you mentioned is intriguing and I would like to try that..

I am basically a tecnomatix user with no actual experience in coding. (have the academic knowledge of c/c++/java)

if you can point me in the right direction to teach myself the required language coding for tecnomatix, it will be helpful. I can start from there..

thanks & regards,

kiran koushik

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Kiran,

You can check the Tecnomatix Knowledge Base, there are some videos and tutorials that are a good start. The supported languages are C# and VB .NET.

Best Regards,

DianaG

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Diana,

best regards,

kiran