Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get Axis of any Object

Pioneer
Pioneer

I want to get Local axis of any entity. Which property is responsible for it?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: get Axis of any Object

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

Do you mean the absolute location of the object? if yes, then it is the AbsoluteLocation property.

Pioneer
Pioneer

@OferOhayon ,

thanx for reply. Its true that Absolutelocation gives location. But when object is manipulated using placement manipulator, for example object is rotated in X direction, Now world axis and axis of object are not same. If I want to create solid body at any points in axis of object. How can I get two points in the axis of object. I have tried by following code. But here, I got endpoint on the world axis (not on the axis of object)

TxVector startpoint = new TxVector(baselocation.AbsoluteLocation.Translation);
            TxVector endpoint = new TxVector(baselocation.AbsoluteLocation.Translation + new TxVector(0,0,100));

Pioneer
Pioneer

@OferOhayon,

Here, I attached a pic with example, where you can see, direction of world axis and direction of axis of object is not same because I gave rotation in Ry. Now, I want to get two vector point on Z axis of object. With absolute location I get one point but then how could I get second point on the same axis of object. As i said before, I have tried with following code, but it gave point on world axis. 

TxVector startpoint = new TxVector(baselocation.AbsoluteLocation.Translation);
            TxVector endpoint = new TxVector(baselocation.AbsoluteLocation.Translation + new TxVector(0,0,100));

Legend
Legend
TxVector endpoint = baselocation.AbsoluteLocation.Transform(new TxVector(0,0,100));

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Witalij 

Yes, it works

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Witalij & @OferOhayon ,

I got both points on local axis of object. Now, I select a 3dvector on world coordinate. I want to conver that 3dvector into local cordinate-system of object. How can I convert 3dVector world coordinate to local coordinate?

Legend
Legend