cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get ResourceLibrary path?

Creator
Creator

Hi:

I want to get the library path which is selected in "Navigation Tree - EngineeringResourceLibrary". i check the  Tecnomatix.Net chm find the "TxLibraryData" inheritance has the "path" property.but i don't know how

to get it.

For example, as shown in the following figure。i want to get the "Project_Library" path on the hard disk:

“E:\ProjectName\Sysroot\LIB_ROOT\Project_Library”

1.JPG

3 REPLIES

Re: how to get ResourceLibrary path?

Hi dongyang,

a node of type EngineeringResourceLibrary doesn`t have a physical path under the system root. Only ToolPrototypes have a physical path under the system root to there cojt-folder.

You can retrieve the cojt-folder path from a ToolPrototype but be aware that the path of the tool prototype must not match the structure reflected by the hirachical structure seen in Process Designer/Simulate.

To get the path of a component unders the system root please see the following thread

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tecnomatix-Developer-Forum/Get-component-3D-model-pa...

Creator
Creator

thank you AndreasKoenig

but i want to get the library path by user select the node .

More likely, there will be no child nodes at the child level of the library node, that is, no cojt file.

in addition,the TxDocument has properties:LogicalRoot,MfgRoot,OperationRoot,.etc ,but is there a Libraryroot?

i can get the sysroot directory from txapplication,but how can i get the folder  in which the user selects the node in the library?

If you only use the folder name to find, then afraid of the folder name will be the same problem.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Dongyang,

The Tecnomatix .NET API is designed to work with loaded objects. The ResourceLibrary is a planning, non-loaded object and it does not have a representation in the .NET API. TxDocument class represents the loaded data (study/process), this is why it does not contain project information.

This might be possible using the eMServer Client API - there is an eMServer API Manual, which contains examples in Visual Basic. In setup this manual is part of the documentation (separate directory on the official DVD) along with Tecnomatix Administration guide, etc.

Best Regards,

DianaG