Execute accountability check with partial match and propogate changes

(view in My Videos)

Link and unlink eBOM and mBOM

(view in My Videos)

Comments
Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

In the video Create an MBOM manually, how do you get the ID in context numbers ?

Is it Teamcenter that provides it automatically or is it a manual input ?

For some business reasons, I want to align 2 parts that do not have same part numbers but they are actually the same (in the EBOM the part is called "raw" or "nude" and the part is "manufactured"), is it still possible to align them with ID in context ?

If I run accountability check, will it be seen as a partail match or missing source (or target) ?

I know my question is a bit "twisted" but this is a real client use-case.

Thanks for your help.

fabien

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello  again,

I have a complementary question regarding MBOM creation from an EBOM.

If the EBOM I'm working on is configured (with revision rules & occurence effectivity), do I forward the configuration when building up my MBOM ?

thanks

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Fabien,

I will try to give response to your questions below:

In the video Create an MBOM manually, how do you get the ID in context numbers ?

Answer: ID in context is generated automatically when you do assignment from EBOM to MBOM

Answer: ID in context is generated automatically

For some business reasons, I want to align 2 parts that do not have same part numbers but they are actually the same (in the EBOM the part is called "raw" or "nude" and the part is "manufactured"), is it still possible to align them with ID in context ?

Answer:  From technology stand point answer is No. As it needs to be handled separately. But I would like to understand the need for having separate occ for 'raw' and 'nude'

If I run accountability check, will it be seen as a partial match or missing source (or target) ?

Answer: It depends on the solution we choose for the above.

Siemens Experimenter

If the EBOM I'm working on is configured (with revision rules & occurrence effectivity), do I forward the configuration when building up my MBOM ?

Answer: Carry forward is possible, if you add the property details in the MEAlignedPropertylist preference.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Thanks for your answers

I'll start with my second question.

If I set some occurences effectivites on parts, I know occurences are held in parent BVR. So If don't have the parent part in my MBOM (because it does not represent a real part to assemble in my MBOM) Do I lose my occurences effectivities of the children parts ?

If the videos made by abhidastidar, he creates some management layers (parts actually) in the MBOM that do not exist in the EBOM.

Then he copies/pastes the leaf parts from the EBOM to the MBOM.

If these leaf parts are configured and the parent part is not carried forward, will I still have my configured parts in the MBOM ?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I will try to give response to your questions below:

Answer: ID in context is generated automatically when you do assignment from EBOM to MBOM

Answer: ID in context is generated automatically

Answer:  From technology stand point answer is No. As it needs to be handled separately. But I would like to understand the need for having separate occ for 'raw' and 'nude'

Comments : it is a customer specialty I don't know why. Only 20% of EBoM parts are going to be carried forward to the MBoM. The rest of it is the same parts but manufactured (but with a different ref number)

Do you think we could copy/paste the ID in context internal ref to a BOMLine that refers to a different part number ?

Before :

EBOM --> Part A,00   --------------OKDaaokJrD------------------ MBOM --> PartA, 00

After : cut PartA,00 in MBOM. Keep the ID in context in the clipboard. Paste PartB,01

EBOM --> Part A,00   --------------OKDaaokJrD------------------ MBOM --> PartB, 01

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I run accountability check, will it be seen as a partial match or missing source (or target) ?

Answer: It depends on the solution we choose for the above.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

@jfacurie, these Teamcenter Manufacturing videos are contributed by @alokrathod . Since he is responding to your questions, you are in good hands Smiley Happy I just helped @alokrathod publish these videos in the community. Good luck with your efforts to setup your Teamcenter Manufacturing environment. If you have a maintenance contract with Siemens PLM, I will suggest you open a GTAC ticket so that you can get more prompt and guided response to your issues.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello abhidastidar,

Thanks for your help. Yes we surely have a maintenance contract but don't know the number.

I'm doing preparation works in order to better suit the implementation of Teamcenter Manufacturing along with our business cases.

Hence all my questions.

Your videos help a lot to understand TC manufacturing module.

Best regards

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello @jfacurie,

Here is our GTAC contact detaisl

GTAC (Global Technical Access Center)
800-955-0000 (USA and Canada)
714-952-5444
http://www.siemens.com/plm/support

Siemens Experimenter

it is a customer specialty I don't know why. Only 20% of EBoM parts are going to be carried forward to the MBoM. The rest of it is the same parts but manufactured (but with a different ref number)

Do you think we could copy/paste the ID in context internal ref to a BOMLine that refers to a different part number ?

Before :

EBOM --> Part A,00   --------------OKDaaokJrD------------------ MBOM --> PartA, 00

After : cut PartA,00 in MBOM. Keep the ID in context in the clipboard. Paste PartB,01

EBOM --> Part A,00   --------------OKDaaokJrD------------------ MBOM --> PartB, 01

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER: This needs some discussion. As suggested by Abhijit, please contact the GTAC (support team).

In general, we do not recommend manipulate IDIC for any business reason. For IT administration reason, please contact GTAC. There is an inherent risk in this approach.

Dreamer
Dreamer

@jfacurie, hwo is your TC manufacturing deployment going on... If you need any help you can contact us www.hiindsight.com and watch few videos at www.TechPLM.com

Theorist
Theorist

Where is video. I did not find any video attached. please tell

Experimenter
Experimenter

When we copy any occurence from EBOM to MBOM (Which was linked), does the variant condition on the EBOM also get copied to MBOM ?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@sanju1802 it seems that you might be able to find some relevant videos here: http://www.techplm.com/training.php?page=5

that is, from the bottom of page 5 onward.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Alok and Abhi for the videos.

Some questions that I had:

1. Would you have 150% (with variants/effectivities etc.) MBOMs with a corresponding 150% BOP for every 150% EBOM

2. If the answer is YES, this would mean that top level part number for every 100% configuration of your MBOM remains the same. 100% MBOMs are just filtered views of 150% MBOMs based on the effectivity/variant values you choose. Correspondingly for every 100% configuration of MBOM, the 150% BOP will get configured automatically but the top level ID of the BOP remains the same for every config.

Now, this data would be integrated with SAP/ERP and MES systems. If Top level IDs of BOP remain the same. How are the routings / BOPs for 100% configs managed on ERP/SAp and MES side.

3. if the answer is NO. Every 100% MBOM and the Corresponding 100% BOP will have a separate Top level ID. But for every possible configuration (saleable) Teamcenter would have to maintain separate 100% MBOMs and 100% BOPs. This scenario becomes easier to manage on SAP and MES side but too cumbersome and messy on Tc side.

Whats your opinion?

Thanks

Dreamer
Dreamer

Hi all, 

I have a problem in accountability check.

while doing the check for EBOM and MBOM, there are few instances where the EBOM os not expanding properly instead it shows a box with three dots. 

If i click on the box with three dots there are two instances

1) it doesn't have anything in it and it disappears

2) it contains something within it and the tree expands further

Can i ignore this and do accoutability check only for the results displayed or should i try expanding all such instances and do the check again... 

Siemens Experimenter

Hello Viswadeep,

Thanks for reaching out.

In later versions of Teamcenter, we have implemented a technology called light weight BOM. Basically it means that you only expand the BOM then we need to see the sub level information.

This technology is also implemented in Accountability check. So when you run the accountability check, the logic is that it will first collect all the items from MBOM and then look it up against the EBOM list. Teamcenter has inbuilt intelligence to know if certain branches of assembly doesn't have any items. So it will not expand it and put ... there.

So as a user if you still want to see the sublevels then you can just click on it and it will expand on demand.

I am afraid i will not recommend to turn this capability off. For large structure it is gives much better performance and it also shows relevant information (based on the results of Accountability check).

I hope this explains. Please feel free to add any further question or confirmation.

Good Luck.

Siemens Experimenter
Hello Viswadeep,

Thanks for reaching out.

In later versions of Teamcenter, we have implemented a technology called light weight BOM. Basically it means that you only expand the BOM then we need to see the sub level information.

This technology is also implemented in Accountability check. So when you run the accountability check, the logic is that it will first collect all the items from MBOM and then look it up against the EBOM list. Teamcenter has inbuilt intelligence to know if certain branches of assembly doesn't have any items. So it will not expand it and put ... there.

So as a user if you still want to see the sublevels then you can just click on it and it will expand on demand.

I am afraid i will not recommend to turn this capability off. For large structure it is gives much better performance and it also shows relevant information (based on the results of Accountability check).

I hope this explains. Please feel free to add any further question or confirmation.

Good Luck.

Hallo,

In my case I have the EBOM and MBOM migrated to Teamcenter from legacy systems. The MBOM is linked its corresponding EBOM with METarget relation and contains the EngParts from EBOM along with the additional manufacturing parts. For Alignment check and accountability check to work , I must have the ID in Context attribute on the EBOM and correponding MBOM BOMLines. We do not have MPP. Only Multi structure manager is in use. How to generate ID in context for EBOM and MBOM? Please advice!