Cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Video series: Plan, optimize and validate robotic paint programs

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The following set of videos shows how to plan, optimize and validate robotic paint programs in Tecnomatix Process Simulate, starting from defining the coverage patterns, up to the thickness validation of the paint coat layers. 

Watch the videos and let us know what you think of the series in the comment section below.

Paint Application Tutorial

(view in My Videos)

Paint Continuous Process Generator Demonstration 

(view in My Videos)

Paint Coverage Simulation Demonstration 

(view in My Videos)

Paint Thickness Simulation Demonstration

(view in My Videos)

Paint Workflow Demonstration 

(view in My Videos)

The demonstration videos were created by Asaf Yehiely and Ada Raveh from the Process Simulate product management team.

Comments
Pioneer

Very interesting techniqe,

but i have several questions:

1. A paintgun always produce overspray. The coverage does not stop at the edges of the Brushcone. How do you handle that?

2. What happen if 2 robots paint the same surface. Will the coverage be added?

3. Did you test the coverage/thickness simulation with car bodies which have been converted to tesselated jt?

To get brep-X JT's from a customer, can be very difficult.

4. Did you made some practical tests to verify your simulation?

Siemens Enthusiast

Thank you for the questions.

1. A paintgun always produce overspray. The coverage does not stop at the edges of the Brushcone. How do you handle that?

Answer:

The Algorithm is based on the Robcad Algorithm that was widely used by many customers.

The color is accumulated on the surface, as long as there is collision between the paint brush geometry, and the surface. Therefore, the paint brush should be modeled long enough to touch the surface.

The amount of paint that is accumulated, is determined by the paint graph. The paint graph is based on empirical testings in a certain speed and distance from the surface. The algorithm is interpolating the actual distance and the distance from the graph - so that in fact some level of overspray can be taken under account (in case the actual distance is longer). 

2. What happen if 2 robots paint the same surface. Will the coverage be added?

Answer:

Yes. Many robots can paint the same surface at the same time. the coverage will be accumulated based on the collision points with the surface and the paint gun characteristics.

3. Did you test the coverage/thickness simulation with car bodies which have been converted to tesselated jt?

To get brep-X JT's from a customer, can be very difficult.

Answer:

Yes. Paint coverage and Thickness can be simulated on approximated surface. To achieve most accurate results the mesh created on the surface should be small enough.

4. Did you made some practical tests to verify your simulation?

Answer:

The algorithm is based on the Robcad one that was widely used by many customers in production.

We have some of these customers in pilot phases on the Process Simulate functionality. 

The algorithm does not provide 100% accuracy. We do not do actual physical calculation of each and every paint atom.  It also depends on the accuracy of the graph created by the customer. However customers have found it close enough to reality to bring real value before, and we are certain that this will be the same in Process Simulate as well.

Dreamer

Kudos πŸ‘ that's what i am working on. 😍😍😍 Thanks for  sharing.