Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos: Process Simulate Robotics enables realistic simulation and validation of various industrial cable dresspacks

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The following set of videos shows the creation of flexible cables with various types of attachments in Tecnomatix Process Simulate Robotics software.

Rotating attachments, Retract System Type 2 and Type 3 are the latest additions enabling realistic simulation and validation of various industrial cable dresspacks.

Cable Dresspack Simulation Cantilever Solution Demonstration 

(view in My Videos)

Cable Dresspack Simulation Retract System Type 2 Demonstration 

(view in My Videos)

Cable Dresspack Simulation Retract System Type 3 Demonstration

(view in My Videos)

Watch more videos from our Process Simulate video series

Videos:  New features & enhancements in Tecnomatix Process Simulate

This video series demonstrates the recently developed robot programming, event-based simulation and virtual commissioning features and enhancements in Tecnomatix Process Simulate, including automated rule-based signal mapping, skid conveyers simulation, part detection sensors, and direct connection to universal robots and others.

Video series: Plan, optimize and validate robotic paint programs

The following set of videos shows how to plan, optimize and validate robotic paint programs in Tecnomatix Process Simulate, starting from defining the coverage patterns, up to the thickness validation of the paint coat layers. 

Let us know what you think of the Process Simulate video demo series in the comment secton below.

cable dress pack simulation cantilever solution.PNG

Comments
Creator

Hi,

I am Sudhan from India, it is good to know about the enhanced features in Process Simulate Cable packs. I have some questions reagrding the Cables option in Process simulate, 

1. Are the cables pack used only for robots or can it be customised to represent any flexibles objects as in wire bundles..

2 . If cables option can be extended foe use in representing other wire bundles, is there a way to perform distance analysis/stress analysis on cables..?

Any leads will be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sudhan

Siemens Dreamer

Hello Sudhan,

Cables are currently designed for robotics. However you can use them for other purposes with some limitations.

The main limitation is that cable/cable deformation is not handled for now, hence if you have multiple cables they will not update their shapes to avoid penetration.

Currently it is possible to do distance analysis on compound resource containing a cable and you can analyse the stress of the cable all along the simulation (with colors expressing the level of stress and information in the simulation monitor)

Regards

Guillaume