cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABB Rapid, Zone Data is not working

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Everyone,

I have created simulations using ABB robot with the Abb-Rapid controller. I have added Motion, Speed, Tool and Zone Data types into my project. For example location via1, in the Path Editor there are MoveJ, v1000, tool0 and z200 as datas.

When I run my simulation, it will ignore the zone data. Robot moves exactly the same with the Zone Data "z200" and when I run my program after set the zone datas to "fine". All the other data types (Motion, Speed and Tool) are working as expected.

Have anyone else faced the same problem in Process Simulate? Is there any solution for it?

My PS verion is 12.0TR1.

Best Regards 

SaMe

11 REPLIES

Re: ABB Rapid, Zone Data is not working

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Are you connected to ABB RCS Module or are you working without RCS in simulation?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am working without RCS.

Siemens Phenom

There is limited support for zones in MOP. There is a MOP zone mapping defined in the ABB manual. You can adjust the values of the zones in the robot motionparameters.e (there is a document about all the possible parameters under eMpower\Help\Additional Reference Material).

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you Gilles for this information. I will try out that and let you know how it went!

Pioneer
Pioneer

So this is which I tried to do:

From motionparameters-e.pdf:

- "The syntax of the zone_define parameter for this zone type is":
zone_define name dist joints distances;

- "where name is one of fine, medium, coarse, nodecel or sp_zone# as described in Section 6.1, Defining Zones, on page 53" ("however, it may be any user-specified character string that does not contain spaces")

- dist ("A dist zone type defines a distance constituting for Cartesian motion the radius of a sphere around a target location, or for joint motion the linear or angular deviation from a target joint position.")

- joints ("Space")

- distances "is a list of numerical values >0 separated by spaces, expressing the desired distance from the destination pose in millimeters for prismatic joints and in radians for rotational joints"

1. Searched my ABB robot cojt -folder under sysroot/Libraries/Resources

2. Opened the motionparameters.e -file with Notepad++

3. Added this line: zone_define z200 dist joints 0.16 0.16 0.16 0.16 0.32 0.32;

-> Save

4. Run simulation -> No effect at all

Is there something I misunderstood?

Siemens Phenom

Explicit zones from .e are currently not supported.

What is implemented is the following (from manual):

• ZoneData-> Zone :
  • ZoneData.FinePoint = true : fine
  • otherwise use ZoneData.PathZoneTcp :
    • PathZoneTcp < 1 : fine
    • 1 <= PathZoneTcp < 30 : medium
    • 30 <= PathZoneTcp < 120 :  coarse
    • PathZoneTcp >= 120 : nodecel

You can adjust the definitions of medium, coarse and nodecel in your component's motionparameters.e file.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Gilles and thank you for the help so far.

I am a little confused now. So I have these fine, medium, coarse and nodecel as a default in my PS. If I have set the abb controller for my robot, I got an error: "Zonedata nodecel not found" after stopping the simulation. After many tries, I haven't got any changes to how my robot moves (it just goes to every point like there is zonedata fine).

Should I only define for example this nodecel in the PS Controller Settings OR should it work after I have set it only in my .e file OR should it be in both?

You also talked about PathZoneTcp, is that what PS gets from the .e file OR is that what I should write into it?

I couldn't found any information about the abb manual you described so could you say which manual is this information from.

Siemens Phenom

You should still use the ABB zones such as z50, z100, etc...

The ABB controller is looking at the zone data definition (for instance in loaded base.sys). The first parameter in the zonedata definition is the PathZoneTcp. According to this value, it maps it to the appropriate fine, coarse, medium or nodecel standard zone.

The manual mentioned is available if you push the upper left help icon in the Teach Pendant. It is physically under eMpower\Robotics\olp\Abb-Rapid\Doc.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Gilles and thank you very much for the help, I got it working!

But I am still getting an errorlist after stopping simulation.

Is this normal or is there still something missing?

Error list:

irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at Main: [DBG] # CallPath Path1
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at Main: [DBG] Calling Operation Path1
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at Main: [DBG] # NotifyCallPathExecutionStarted Path1
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at Main: [DBG] # NotifySubOperationExecutionStarted Path1
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at Main: [DBG] Notify SubOperationExecutionStarted Path1 from Main

irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] Notify ProcessingTargetStarted via4
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] NotifySimulationEvent MotionToLocation via4: ON (6,69999999999999ms)
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] Move to loc via4 (Path1)
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] SetSimulatedRobotTcpf tool0_tf
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] Set MotionType Linear
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] Set MotionControlType BySpeed
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] Set ControlParameter 200
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] TcpZone 0,3 mapped to zone fine
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] Set Zone fine
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] RegisterToLocationReachedNotification Exact
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] OnLocationReached: 7,7585309267044
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] # NotifyMovingToTargetEnded via4
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] NotifySimulationEvent MotionToLocation via4: OFF (7,7585309267044ms)

irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] # NotifyProcessingTargetEnded via4
irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via4: [DBG] Notify ProcessingTargetEnded via4

irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via5: [DBG] Set Zone medium

irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via8: [DBG] TcpZone 30 mapped to zone coarse

irb2400_16_m2000[MOP]> Note at (Path1) via10: [DBG] TcpZone 150 mapped to zone nodecel