cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for tools can be mounted on the robot in RobotExpert.

Creator
Creator

I have downloaded RobotExpert and studied the "Quick Start Guide", but I met problems when it reached the chapter of "Designing and Managing Process".

Could you provide some tools which can be mounted on the robot such as the welding torch and gripper? I cannot find them in the library folder under Add-Ons.  

Could I get your company's  telephone number to search for the technical support of RobotExpert?

11 REPLIES

Re: Apply for tools can be mounted on the robot in RobotExpert.

Legend
Legend

Hi RWSRWS,

in the Add-Ons you can find a folder called "ExampleCell".

There you can find a .zip file with resources and parts of this cell.

In >>RobotExpert_ArcWeld_demo-LibraryComponents\libraries\resources<< you will find the resources for welding torch and gripper.

Creator
Creator

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your solution, it works for me.  

I have another problem when I what to study "pick and place operation" of the part 254322 which is shown in attached picture "sample pick" . Is the gripper picking two parts once? Is it right for the gripper to pick single part shown in attached picture 2? If it is not correct, could you offer me the tools instead of the gripper to pick and place the part on the positioner "IRBP_A750"?

Creator
Creator

Here attached the picture 1 and 2.

1.png

2.png

Legend
Legend
You can use this gripper to grip only one part or you can use it to grip two parts once.
I have the same CAD files. Unfortunately, I cannot give you additional components.

Creator
Creator

I cannot open the file created this morning, could you help me to fine the problem and deal with it? CannotOpen.png

Legend
Legend

Hi,

for this problem can have different reasons.

1. the cell file is corrupt.

2. maybe the file path is too long. Try a shorter one e.g. C:/Temp

Creator
Creator

I have create the models in Solidworks & UG NX, when I transfer these files into .cojt format and import them in RobotExpert, I can only get the solid but cannot see the edge curves which is created in Solidworks or UG. Since it is needed to create the MFG from these curves, I have tried the function of "Create curve of border" but failed. I had to create the polyline in RobotExpert which is not precise. How Can I solve this probelm?

Appreciated for your replying.

Legend
Legend

Hi,

for NX try the following "JT configuration" settings.

For SolidWorks, I think you need to set similar settings for the export.

jt_settings_nx.jpg

Creator
Creator

Dear Patrick,

I have tried the method you told me but it does not work, I export the file as .jt format, then it was converted to .cojt format and opened in RobotExpert,  the function of "create curve on borders" still cannot be used because I cannot select the entity, just as the picture shows attached (if you can see it).

What's more, I want to import the KUKA robot model into RobotExpert but failed, it is .co format and I have converted it to .cojt format.  The robot model can be downloaded directly from KUKA web site:
http://www.kuka-robotics.com/res/sps/8ba89f50-3ccd-4361-9b9a-60bdd0662ac6_Agilus-Series.zip

20140124112103.png