Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Storage and Retrieval System in Process Simulate.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello all,

I need some guidance on ASRS in Process Simulate.ASRS have storage locations of upto 4000.

The ASRS have two motion, one moves along vertical direction (Lift) another one moves along horizontal direction (shuttle conveyor) i

It is arranged as two aisles one having 2000 location.

The process of ASRS -from conveyor the lift picks product from conveyor and lifts it upto 100 levels[In vertical direction].At each level I have 20 storage locations along the row or x axis or horizontal direction. Like that I have 2 storage system.

ASRS Process Flow

Loading: conveyor->lift->shuttle conveyor->storage location 

Unloading: Storage location ->shuttle conveyor->lift-> conveyor         

--Instead of creating New device operation for storage and retrieval of each location and assigning Signals to those locations,is there any other way to do this?

2.I want to create simulations of storage and retrieval system for all the locations.

3.Also i need to randomly store or retrieve product from location based on the requirement.

For example,if I want to store the product into 1500th position on ASRS like by typing number in the user interface. after completing the 1st position.

I have included the image of lift and shuttle conveyor that represents the application.

Regards,

Gautham

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Automatic Storage and Retrieval System in Process Simulate.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Gautham,

I think that you should have it modeled as 3 separate devices, so you have to control 3 axes: Conveyor (2 positions), Lift (100 positions) and Shuttle (20 positions). The devices are attached to each other so driving the conveyor will move also the lift and shuttle, and driving the lift will move the shuttle as well. when you need to get to an "address" you feed the "street" number (1 or 2), the "floor" number (1 to 100) and the "building" number (1 to 20). Once you are at the right address, you trigger an action of additional device (lets call it "drawer") that can move to left\right\centoer position.

I hope you find this helpfull.

Thanks,

Rahav

Re: Automatic Storage and Retrieval System in Process Simulate.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi,

I have an example of ASRS (just logic, no real data) - I will send it to you by email.

You have 3 axes, each one can be setup and driven independently, but they are attached to each other's links in a way that driving X will move Z and Y as well, driving Z will move Y as well, and driving Y will not impact other axes. Run it in line simulation mode and use the Simulation Panel buttons to drive each axis to its target.

Make sure that the system parameters are defined according to your model. You can add also speed and acceleraton control as part of the system parameters.

Good luck.

Rahav

ASRS.jpg