Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Best options for embedded AVI recorder in PS

Hello friends,

What are the options for simulation video with high quality? Is it possible to capture video with better than 720x576 resolution and much better quality? Are there any tricks for that?

7 REPLIES

Re: Best options for embedded AVI recorder in PS

Hello,

You could use VLC player to capture video from your desktop. I'm not sure if you'll get enough fps but i'm sure you'll get better resolution. There's a lot of tutorials available for capturing video with VLC, it's pretty straightforward thing to do. 

VLC works, but it's not really meant for screencap.

You may check these as well:
Camtudio (free)
Camtasia (commercial, incl. postprocessing, markups and other features)

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software GmbH & Co. KG; Anschrift: Franz-Geuer-Str. 10, 50823 Köln;
Kommanditgesellschaft: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRA 28227;
Geschäftsführung und persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: Siemens Industry Software Management GmbH;
Geschäftsführer: Urban August, Daniel Trebes; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 70858

Fraps should also be possible.

Thank to all for the anwsers, so the better way is to use an external recorder (not embedded)?

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author dsmolyanskiy
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

[ Edited ]

Try this:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Downloadables/High-Quality-Movie-Capturing/ta-p/1461

It is high quality and internal. What is more, it gives you a tool for changing a camera view during sim.

Dave

Thanks to all of you guys, I'm switching from the default embedded recorder!

I often use Screencast-O-Matic for full screen capture. There is a free version and a cheap pro version. I did end up getting the pro version, but if your just doing short videos the free version is pretty good. There is a watermark on the free version though. I think the paid version was $10 a year or something like that. It records high quality video and can capture the computer audio, mic audio, and webcam too if you so desire.