Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CNC and robot integration CEE application

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, 

I am using PS 13.1.1, I am studying on event based simulations these days. I got a problem. 
Here is a robot feeding a CNC vertical machining center with an integrated logic resources 
has enters and exits (please see attachments). the logic here is that:

1. The Robot pick the incoming part with a signal: NC_Ready=1from CNC machine. (Checks NC is ready).

2. Then robot place the part to the cnc returns the signal: Part_ready = 1.

3. CNC takes this input(one of CNC enters). then starts to cut part (with a constant cutting speed. )

4. After CNC finished its work, the output of CNC signal: NC_Done is turns to 1. 
5. Here,Robot must pick the part with a condition: if NC is done (NC_Done=1).

However at this situation(@5), Robot is not going on next operation: part1_out_cnc. And robot starts to wait for NC_Ready signal, that means Robotic cycle returns to beginning without execute part1_out_cnc. 

Can you help me to solve this problem.

6 REPLIES

Re: CNC and robot integration CEE application

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Burpee

Did you manage to resolve this issue? 

It's a little hard to tell from the details you sent, but at least at a first glance it looks as if both your robotics operations (in_cnc and out_cnc) are running in parallel. 

Are you following some training document? I would suggest to avoid using Transitions for your case and to use a robot program to manage to robot's calls to the different routines. 

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello Gal,

Thanks for your attention. Aye, I am following training document. I have checked "Transitions" boxes again. there is no logic relations or starting conditions in the transitions windows. just only operation_end signals. Do you need more information from the cell?

Thanks.
Burpee

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Gal, 

Here is the simulation monitor logs. There is only one warning. 
I hope if it can help you. 

Burpee

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hey Guys, I know you all not following this topic, but I found a solution.
I know that you can control a robotic process with a sequence of robotic operations. Also other way is creating a main operation can call path one by one, according to codes that you write in it.

1. create a robot signals ("NC_ready", and "NC_done" (input signals are produces by CNC_VMC) and "Part_Ready" Signals output signal
2. Create default robot programs
3. Create OLP signals where Robot wait signals and send signals
4. Create a gen. rob. operation and call pick and place paths here.
5. Create robot program with a path number 1
6. Create key signals to start work, pause work, and stop work
7. Create module to connect key signals and robot signals also it can call robot program number with using logic gates
8. Connect signals between Robot, CNC_interface and module
9. Add operations into Material Flow Viewer

Then its done. But i am still wondering why the sequenced robotic operation did not work and why the robot did not wait for the signal NC_Done? Or What I did wrong there.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi 

In your monitor log I see that two operations are executed at the same time (the warning). 

This can defintely cause a problem in your simulation seqeuence... 

You should fix it first and see if the problem still occurs. 

Gal

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, To fix that i linked two operation: 1st part1_in_cnc1, 2nd part1_out_cnc2 and I created OLP command: wait signals for that operations. but same problems still occurs. edit: do you suggest any other way to fix that warning? 

Thanks. 
İzzet.